Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spot Lock waypoints not deleting

I'm not sure what changed but after I installed these latest updates on my Helix 12 G4N units but now when I engage the spot lock on my Quest and then disengage the spot lock the SL* way point does not go away. I think I remember there was a setting you could set to save those way points? I don't want to save these things.

Thanks
    2024 Skeeter ZXR20
    2024 Yamaha SHO 250

2. Member
    This is the quest/helix manual. Lots of spotlock info starting on page 40.
    Link: https://johnsonoutdoors.widen.net/co...al---HELIX.pdf
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Thanks. Lots of good info but in my case the Sl* icons are not going away the map view when I stop using spot lock.
    2024 Skeeter ZXR20
    2024 Yamaha SHO 250

4. Member
    Just on SI? Sounds like some option on SI
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Just on SI? Sounds like some option on SI
    Sorry, I mean when I engage spot lock, a SL1021 type icon is created and will be seen in the map/navigation view on every control head in the network including my Mega 360 since I have navigation enabled. Something has changed though because in the past when I stopped the spot lock those icons would clear. Now they stay in the view until I drive away. I might use spot lock in an area a number of times so the view can get cluttered with them.
    2024 Skeeter ZXR20
    2024 Yamaha SHO 250

6. Member
    Have you checked your Nav Data to see if for some reason it is actually saving the “spot locks” to your Nav Data? If it is saving them there, you could try deleting them from your list and see if they still show up on your map. I know that’s not how it is supposed to behave but it’s something to take a look at.
    I’m not sure if this would work but another thing you could try is to export/backup all your data then perform a “Format Nav Directory” then reload your data.
    Good Luck
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

7. Member
    I have verified that there are no saved SL* way points on any control head. I called HB support today on this and all I got was this is working as expected. I tried to explain that it's not work as it did before I applied the latest update. They said I could 1) set the way point decluttering on, which I already have set 2) I could manually delete these way points as they are created, when I try that they do not delete 3) I could take my trolling motor out of the network which I won't do because I use it as my GPS So, basically it was a waste of time.
    2024 Skeeter ZXR20
    2024 Yamaha SHO 250

Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I have verified that there are no saved SL* way points on any control head. I called HB support today on this and all I got was this is working as expected. I tried to explain that it's not work as it did before I applied the latest update. They said I could 1) set the way point decluttering on, which I already have set 2) I could manually delete these way points as they are created, when I try that they do not delete 3) I could take my trolling motor out of the network which I won't do because I use it as my GPS So, basically it was a waste of time.
    Are the SpotLock waypoints stored in the Advanced GPS memory the same as they are with iPilot? The trolling motor has memory for Spotlocks and iTracks, but is limited.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Are the SpotLock waypoints stored in the Advanced GPS memory the same as they are with iPilot? The trolling motor has memory for Spotlocks and iTracks, but is limited.
    Yes, this is the case on my Ulterra Quest. There is an option on the Quest Remote to delete the various nav data elements stored in the motor. I haven't looked to see if there is a setting for saving or not saving them in the first place. I'm sure it's in the Advanced GPS Remote manual though.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Thanks for the info. I want to say again this never happened with my old Ultrex or even after I started using the Ultrex Quest. It started as soon as I applied the latest Helix update. I don't use the micro remote that came with my Ultrex Quest and I don't have my phone paired with the Quest to use the trolling motor controls. I will pair it and see what controls I have. I only use the trolling motor foot pedal to use spot lock and when I do these SL* way points show up on every control head. In the past when I stopped spot lock these way points went away almost immediately. Looking at the suggested manual I do see where it will save the spot locks, way points and you can see them in the remote and it also says when you disengage spot lock "The Spot-Lock Active Band will disappear from
    the Dashboard." It doesn't say they will be removed from the NAV/MAP view. I also do not want to have to carry my phone while at the trolling motor to delete these spot lock way points either. There has to be some kind of setting somewhere to have these saved spot locks delete as soon as spot lock is disengaged but I can't find it.
    2024 Skeeter ZXR20
    2024 Yamaha SHO 250

Not sure if this would be helpful, but on my Solix/Apex units I remember seeing an autosave option under Nav Data\waypoint options. I think I might have had the same issue as you describe but I can't quite remember, it's been a few years back when I first got my Solix units. I would imagine that the Helix has similar options for managing Nav Data. Not sure where to look for those options on a Helix.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

13. Member
    I'm not sure what changed but after I installed these latest updates on my Helix 12 G4N units but now when I engage the spot lock on my Quest and then disengage the spot lock the SL* way point does not go away. I think I remember there was a setting you could set to save those way points? I don't want to save these things.

Thanks
    I have the same issue going on after installing the latest update. I also have Helix 12 G4 and ultrex. Like you, it never did that before.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p1capt View Post
    I have the same issue going on after installing the latest update. I also have Helix 12 G4 and ultrex. Like you, it never did that before.
    Please contact HB support. More people report this and hopefully they will fix the issue.
    2024 Skeeter ZXR20
    2024 Yamaha SHO 250

15. Member
    Please contact HB support. More people report this and hopefully they will fix the issue.
    I contacted them yesterday. I was on the phone with them for about 45 minutes while on the water. We tried several things that did not work. I took pictures of different screens showing they weren’t going away and emailed them to them at their request. They even called me back about 3 hours later for more information, so they are looking into it.

16. Member
    I contacted them yesterday. I was on the phone with them for about 45 minutes while on the water. We tried several things that did not work. I took pictures of different screens showing they weren’t going away and emailed them to them at their request. They even called me back about 3 hours later for more information, so they are looking into it.
    Great! I wish the person I spoke to was more helpful. All she kept saying was it was working as designed.
    2024 Skeeter ZXR20
    2024 Yamaha SHO 250

17. Member
    Any update from HB support?
    2024 Skeeter ZXR20
    2024 Yamaha SHO 250

18. Member
    Any update from HB support?
    I haven’t heard anything. I doubt I will but if I do I’ll post it here.

19. Member
    I haven’t heard anything. I doubt I will but if I do I’ll post it here.
    Thanks. I'll try and call them again.
    2024 Skeeter ZXR20
    2024 Yamaha SHO 250

20. Member
    Morning all, after latest update, I'm having same issue. Helix 15G4 & 10G4. Spotlock way points galore. Did not do this before update. Still searching for what ever setting controls this.
    Hope you catch a Big'un!

Bill Troha
    USAF Retired
    2021 Nitro Z20 Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast