2000 Evinrude FICHT 150 Questions

Hi, I’ve recently acquired a boat with a 2000 Evinrude FICHT Ram 150 hp motor with about 250 hours.

Edit: model E150FPXSSM and S/N G 04800399. Forgot to add info from picture in text.

The motor starts right up and runs good (I’ve put about 3 hours on it at varying RPMs). Previous owner really only used to cruise to the sandbar and claims he always flushed the motor with Salt Off. I plan to do the same.

I have:

1. Read all the horror stories of early engines blowing up
    2. Ordered the Evinrude service manual plus the supplemental manual for this year.
    3. Pumped out the old gas and filled the tank with ethanol free gas. I have this available and it’s all I plan to use.
    4. Changed out the fuel filter water separator (my boat had an external one in addition to the engine’s, I changed both).
    5. Pumped most of the oil out of the reservoir and replaced with XD100 oil. This is readily available and all I plan to use.

I plan to:

1. Change lower gear oil with Evinrude HPF Pro.
    2. Replace the water pump.
    3. Decarb the engine with Evinrude Engine Tuner sprayed through the throttle bodies.
    4. Replace and index the spark plugs with Champion 955M / XC12PEPB (will plan replace these every 50 hours).

I think this is all the maintenance that can really be done to keep the motor running. I think this, a late ’99 production, has the updates like pinned cylinder heads and, after this many years, should be “a good one” if there was one.

However, I am concerned that there are some service bulletins that required changes that weren’t done. I don’t have access to the service bulletins, but specifically, I’m worried that I need an injector hold down kit like this: https://maxmarineoutlet.com/product/...r-retaineroem/ It seems like it might apply to my motor.

I also don’t know about the Schrader valve and if I should get a different return manifold?

Can anybody, maybe SeaHorse or ChampionMan, point me in the right direction on if I need to upgrade any parts? Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Undrcoverrednek; 05-10-2024 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Added motor model and fixed link

2. Member
    There it is in picture #3 ... E150FPXSSM
    "Life's too short for an ugly boat!"
    1985 totally refurbished Pro-Line 21A Cuddy - 175hp Evinrude FFI

3. Member
    Thanks, I sed I forgot to add that info I to the text.

Do you know where I can find out other service packs or upgrades I need? I think I need that injector hold down kit, but I don’t know for sure. Maybe when my service manual comes in next week it will say?