Targa 19 Combo Tournament Ed. 200 DTS V-8 Prop?

Anyone have any suggestions on motor height and propping options? Just purchased 2023 and first time out I realized the Enertia prop blows out with very little trimming. Boat is definitely running bow down, very little lift. I'm thinking I need to lower engine a hole and change to a four blade. Currently mounted in 3rd hole from top.
    Suggestions?

2. Member
    Mine (2023 v19 combo 200xs) came mounted in the 3rd hole as well. Ran 50.1 mph but had less than 1/4 trim on the gauge. Would blow out on anything but a lazy soft turn unless I trimmed down for it. After a lot of discussion with Targa owners in Facebook groups, they all said lower it down to at least the 2nd hole from the top and some said all the way down. I had mine lowered to the top hole last fall when I winterized but have not got it out yet. Every time I get a day to maybe get to the lake, I get thunderstorms forecast or a all day rain. I'm excited to see how she does now. My Cavitation plate lines up where it should be now which is about an inch above the bottom of the hull (not the transom).
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

3. Member
    Update. Finally got out and tested with it in the top hole and it ran worse than the 3rd hole. Blow out going straight as soon as I got to 1/4 trim. Top speed dropped to 48mph, much more pronounced bow down than it was previously. Just moved it to the 2nd hole and going to try that. If that's not better than the 3rd hole, I'll move it back there and put a 4 blade on it. Did you ever go that route and if so, how did it work out for ya?
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

4. Member
    Thought Id add to the thread as prop selection has been a question in my mind. I have a 2020 Targa V19 with Pro XS 225 4-Stroke. It is mounted 4th hole form the top and is the XL model. It came with the 18P Enertia on it and like Captom is blows out almost at will.
    I have used a 19P Tempest Plus as well, it holds solid to the water but has no trim control and the bow is heavy. Current I have a 20P Enertia on it and it runs reasonably well, Trim control works through most of the range and I can lift the bow up on plane an get a decent ride. I have tried a 21P Bravo 1 FS. It was the best prop in several respects but could not get enough RPM or of it. But is got the boat up on top of the water, full trim control, and gave an excellent ride. I have a 19P Bravo 1 LT on order now. Mike at Prop Depot was quite helpful. Hopefully the B1 LT will run as expected based on the B1 FS. The B1 FS does not go below 20P. Tops speeds and RPM listed below with 1 Person, 3/4 tank and full gear load

18P - 51.3 @ 5960 RPM, 19P (Tempest) - 49.8 @ 5700 RPM, 20P - 52.3 @ 5690 RPM, 21P (B1 FS) - 51.6 @ 5220