Expride 7'6" H f or 7'7" H m/f

Which Shimano Expride would you prefer for throwing A-rigs

7'6" H fast or the 7'7" H mod/fast ? Both have the same lure raring but I assume they load differently.In my mind the 7'7"H m/f would be more of a treble hook rod (glide baits).

2. Member
    I'd rather have the fast taper .

3. Member
    IIRC, Matt and Tim on TB use the 7'7" H Mod-fast with braid for their full sized A-Rig and 6" Magdrafts.

They just put out a video about a week ago and the 7'7" model was being touted as one of their favorite heavy power all purpose rods, but I haven't been able to find it again even after searching a few times.

Good luck.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    IIRC, Matt and Tim on TB use the 7'7" H Mod-fast with braid for their full sized A-Rig and 6" Magdrafts.

They just put out a video about a week ago and the 7'7" model was being touted as one of their favorite heavy power all purpose rods, but I haven't been able to find it again even after searching a few times.

Good luck.
    Thanks.I'll try looking for it.I'm tempted to look at the Poison Adrena for application also.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerjake View Post
    Thanks.I'll try looking for it.I'm tempted to look at the Poison Adrena for application also.
    I believe that the PA will be a bit more crisp and likely a slightly faster taper. Make sure to take that into consideration as well.

6. Member
    I like the 7’7 heavy Expride for A-rigs on braid. If you want to use fluoro then the 7’6 heavy might be better.

7. Member
    [QUOTE=5 by 3;13491338]I like the 7’7 heavy Expride for A-rigs on braid. If you want to use fluoro then the 7’6 heavy might be
    better.[/QUOTE
    Thank’s . I do prefer braid over fluorocarbon for A-rigs.