Fine hunting rifle

I was in the fun store yesterday and I talked to a guy that was there buying a fine looking rifle. I never knew Ruger offered these but this is about as fine as a hunting rifle can get. The blueing on that rifle was as fine as I have seen Colt or Weatherby produce. Every detail of that rifle oozed old school cool.

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?i...UHM77RSB35WHLN
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

2. Member
    1600 bucks
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

3. Member
    Very nice rifle. Classic styling.
    I think another rifle, the Ruger No. 1, is as elegant as anything. I would love to find a Ruger No. 1 chambered in 308 Winchester.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

Ruger used to make some beautiful rifles, I had a couple of the Circassian stocked Ruger 77RSC in 458 mag, several of the old 77 Flatbolts, and a lot of number 1s. The 35 Whelen is a great round and will kill everything in north america. Here's what I like now:
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djb750 View Post
    I think another rifle, the Ruger No. 1, is as elegant as anything. I would love to find a Ruger No. 1 chambered in 308 Winchester.
    No 1s are my favorite rifles. This thing had better blueing than any no 1 I have ever seen.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Ruger used to make some beautiful rifles, I had a couple of the Circassian stocked Ruger 77RSC in 458 mag, several of the old 77 Flatbolts, and a lot of number 1s. The 35 Whelen is a great round and will kill everything in north america. Here's what I like now:
    I really want to get a sharps, high wall, and a rolling block one day. I love a good single shot.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djb750 View Post
    I can't agree more ! ! !

I do have 2 Ruger M77 in Excellent condition I purchased in the mid/late 70's.........one in .22-250 and another .270 which is stamped on the barrel Bi-centennial edition. I paid $180 and $185 for them...........lol

I have been a Ruger fan for a long time. The first deer rifle I ever purchased was an M77 All-Weather in .270 Win. That was back in about 1989. Had a variety of other Ruger firearms through the years. Ruger has definitely trended away from the high end, fancy rifles towards a more utilitarian model, but they are still solid performers. My current crop of Rugers includes a 22/45 target, 10/22, Super Redhawk, SR22, and an American Predator rifle. This one is my favorite:

Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

9. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    To my eye, there's not a rifle made with finer lines than a Ruger No. 1-B

I've always wanted one in .280 Rem.

I've only ever run across one, and I couldn't afford it at the time.
    Who controls John Gill?

In my younger days I dreamed of having a No.1 in 25-06 with a heavy barrel.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeet'r89 View Post
    In my younger days I dreamed of having a No.1 in 25-06 with a heavy barrel.
    A friend down the street when I was a kid in the 70’s bought a Ruger #1 in a .220 Swift. Beautiful firearm !

12. Member
    I would take a Wickliffe 76 over a Ruger No.1 any day. Just would need to fine the caliber and price I could afford. They were made in the 70’s in Wickliffe, Ohio just a few miles north of me.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

13. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I love my m77 22. What I taught both my sons to shoot with.
    I have an m77 all weather in 25-06 at one time those were highly sought after by prong horn hunters.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!