Thread: Met Mr. Pierce

Met Mr. Pierce

Saw the first BassCat video in the Lounge and thought about the first and only time I met the OG, Ron Pierce. Was at Lake Havasu in 2003 fishing a tourney. Had just parked my truck that had a big BassCat sticker on the back window, and was getting out when a man and lady walked behind my truck. The gentleman asked me which Cat I had, told him I had a 2000 Cougar. His wife playfully smacks him on the arm and says, “Well, go get him a hat or something!” I spoke with her while he walked a few spaces away, then realized who they were. He brought me a couple hats, thanked me for being a customer, and off we went. I saw them the next day and we talked for a minute about my fishing day. While the hats have seen better days, the memory of how friendly they were will not be forgotten. May be part of the reason I have a Puma now.

Thanks for the story… those were the startup of the Bassmaster Invitationals Western Series we assume. Bassmaster tried that until about that time for a few years, then they exited from low participation. Ron and Jan traveled together for several years on Bassmaster.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 05-08-2024 at 07:59 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    Saw the first BassCat video in the Lounge and thought about the first and only time I met the OG, Ron Pierce. Was at Lake Havasu in 2003 fishing a tourney. Had just parked my truck that had a big BassCat sticker on the back window, and was getting out when a man and lady walked behind my truck. The gentleman asked me which Cat I had, told him I had a 2000 Cougar. His wife playfully smacks him on the arm and says, “Well, go get him a hat or something!” I spoke with her while he walked a few spaces away, then realized who they were. He brought me a couple hats, thanked me for being a customer, and off we went. I saw them the next day and we talked for a minute about my fishing day. While the hats have seen better days, the memory of how friendly they were will not be forgotten. May be part of the reason I have a Puma now.
    That is such a neat story, Ron!!! I will probably never be in the glass boat market, but I love researching them...been fascinated by them since I was a little kid. Don't get to see too many sparkly boats in my neck of the woods, but if my situation ever changes, Bass Cat is the only brand I would consider.

4. Member
    MG77, Thanks. I lived in Harrisburg for 3 years, first year on Front Street one stop light up from CityIsland. Caught many a smallie wadding. Next two years in Mechanicsburg and launched the aluminum boat at City Island. What a great time!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    MG77, Thanks. I lived in Harrisburg for 3 years, first year on Front Street one stop light up from CityIsland. Caught many a smallie wadding. Next two years in Mechanicsburg and launched the aluminum boat at City Island. What a great time!
    Glad to see you managed to escape!!! Tight lines my friend!