what is the difference between echomap ultra 126 sv and ultra 2 126 sv?

wondering if it is worth the price difference of $800 to go from echomap ultra 126 sv and echomap ultra 126 sv. Unit will be used almost exclusively for livescope.

Thanks in advance

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    For LS only, id say no.....BUT there are some new features, UI, and screen recording with the 2.....if you want screen recording then may think about it, also if anything new or new features come out it may not work with the original Ultra....in the end, do you wan these features....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

It also as wireless networking to other Ultra 2’s and most likely any new echomap units that come out in the future

So if you plan to purchase other Garmin units in the future this might be something to consider
    "The handicapped angler"

Screen recording is probably the biggest difference if you only want it for livescope. The screen resolution is the same.

I was planning to go from a 93sv to a 126 Ultra 2, but I've since decided to save a few more pennies and go with an 8612xsv, which is substantially better.
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | 6" Jackplate | Garmin Force @36v | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

The lack of screen recording was a suprise for me on the Ultra "1" - not a deal breaker for me, but also not being able to see your screenshots unless you pull the card and look at on a computer, etc really threw me. Unless there is a way and I am just not understanding...which is entirely possible ;)

But, for basically a grand savings, I'll pull the card lol. Even though I don't need another one, I am tempted to buy a 2nd one since the prices are so good, on the off change I add a 2nd LS transducer down the road.

6. Member
    Viewing images on the sd card is a feature available on GPSMAP units and the Ultra 2 units.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodman_fishing View Post
    Screen recording is probably the biggest difference if you only want it for livescope. The screen resolution is the same.

I was planning to go from a 93sv to a 126 Ultra 2, but I've since decided to save a few more pennies and go with an 8612xsv, which is substantially better.
    what makes the 8612xsv better than the 126 ultra 2?

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    More processing power, Full HD screen, top of the line units, more features but some that will not be used on a bass boat.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    More processing power, Full HD screen, top of the line units, more features but some that will not be used on a bass boat.....
    so if outfitting a new bass boat what would you recommend? I want livescope and was thinking a 12” screen in front for that and side view/dowview while trolling around and then a 10” at the console. I don’t think I’ll ever do any saltwater stuff

10. Member
    IMO the Ultra 2 is not worth the upgrade, at least on the 106SV. Not sure about the 126SV. The screen recording feature seems to be the most significant feature, but probably useless for most of us who aren't youtubers. I bought the Ultra 2, instantly regretted it, and returned it to Bass Pro unopened.