Dedicated Battery

Hi everyone, forgive me I know very little about this. I'm in the process of updating my electronics. I am going to have a Hummingbird Helix on the bow and one on my console. I'm going to by a Sea clear harness and hook them up. Then run to a dedicated lithium battery. My question is the leads will be run to perko shutoff switch, from seeing this on Youtube. Does the wire jumper leads from the perko switch to positive to positive and negative to negative on the Lithium. In simple terms is all I have to do is connect straight to the lithium or do I need to run a ground wire somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by bryanm119c View Post
    Hi everyone, forgive me I know very little about this. I'm in the process of updating my electronics. I am going to have a Hummingbird Helix on the bow and one on my console. I'm going to by a Sea clear harness and hook them up. Then run to a dedicated lithium battery. My question is the leads will be run to perko shutoff switch, from seeing this on Youtube. Does the wire jumper leads from the perko switch to positive to positive and negative to negative on the Lithium. In simple terms is all I have to do is connect straight to the lithium or do I need to run a ground wire somewhere?
    You only have to be concerned with a ground wire if you get a MEGA 360 or MEGA LIVE.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/Advanced, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    The simplest way, is to have the positive to a switch, then ran to a distribution block. The negative goes straight to the negative side of the distribution block. Buy a good distribution block. We'll built equals less problems. There are lots of options, but what fits your rigs compartment is the key. I have easy access to mine. Use a 8 GA wire from your battery to the switch and to distribution block. Easy hook up for sea clear harness.