Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question for my fellow BBC members.....

When you start a new post do you check and see if the subject has been addressed before....or just go ahead and post it? How about commenting on an existing thread - do you read the entire thread or just post your opinion?

Not judging either way, just curious. I know the thrill of posting something meaningful can make one in a hurry- plus, in my case (68 YO) I may forget my witty comment before I finish read the entire thread.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

2. Member
    My witty comments are usually sarcastic, so I try to behave (usually).

There are practically NO original thoughts....go for it

4. Member
    Like that first whizz in the morning, just let it fly.

Someone, in short order will let you know how many times it was discussed before
    Hi Mike.

5. DINK CATCHER
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    Like that first whizz in the morning, just let it fly.

Someone, in short order will let you know how many times it was discussed before
    Yup!
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO that's optioned to fit my wants and pulled by a little Ram.

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    BBC members are way to busy to search and review previous posts for repeat topics

7. Member
    Have you tried a Spreadsheet?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

I normally try and look before making a thread on a topic. But over the years have missed threads that were of the same subject sometimes. And made one then messaged asking Al, if he could please delete mine.
    I do not read through every reply before I reply. I am on my phone viewing, sometimes don't have my glasses on, and sometimes have blurry vision even with glasses on.
    And sometimes I don't proof read and will later notice my phone changed words, or that I messed up.

9. Member
    I always try and check, but failed the other day and posted about the tournament cheater and the tug boat. I put myself in timeout for my infraction.
    Just be kind to one another. It really is that simple.

https://www.instagram.com/the_lenny_draper/

10. Member
    If a hot button topic I will see if anything is on the first page and if not then create one.

Yes I read most comments before responding unless all comments are trending in the same direction but a with a different flavor.

Since me and a few others on here share one brain and have the exact same dry-witted humor, I usually read most threads first before posting my sublime, snarky reply... in case one of them already beat me to it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LDraper View Post
    I always try and check, but failed the other day and posted about the tournament cheater and the tug boat. I put myself in timeout for my infraction.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

I will check the first two pages before I start a thread about a current subject. I also read all the posts before commenting on something. Something else that I always do is check the date on a thread before commenting. The thing that drives me crazy is why someone will comment on a thread that's been idle for years.

14. Member
    Zombie threads.....they won't die

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Yes because experience has told me there are a lot of knowledgeable individuals, Humorists and Stand Up Comedians. So if there are a certain number of pages or number of posts always check first and give a few Thumbs Up and Laughers to those who are first.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Yes because experience has told me there are a lot of knowledgeable individuals, Humorists and Stand Up Comedians. So if there are a certain number of pages or number of posts always check first and give a few Thumbs Up and Laughers to those who are first.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAMVET1968 View Post
    Hi Mike.

18. Member
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

19. Member
    Way to complicated to answer.........if asking about a boat or location I will do a search. If question or topic not mentioned then I will start another thread. The Mods here do a pretty decent job of policing and keeping the static down.

20. Member
    I have to be told something several times to remember it so just fire away! I don’t give a rip! Just for you hoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast