AT 2 Range issues

I just upgraded from AT1 to AT2. I worked through the "no source" problem but am having an issue with the range automatically changing itself, even after I've manually selected another. I was in 20' of water, set to 80' for range and the system would move the range back to 10' within a few seconds. Has anyone else had a similar issues?
    2018 Z520L 50th Anniversary - 250 Pro XS 2-Stroke SN - 2B527745 / Reman Powerhead Built 8/2021 SN - QSCS00380OS0

2. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Did you uncheck the auto at the bottom of the screen on the range menu?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    Did you uncheck the auto at the bottom of the screen on the range menu?
    Fairly certain I did. There are really not a lot of options and settings. I will double check next time out. With the transducer out of the water, there is no "auto" option to choose from.
    2018 Z520L 50th Anniversary - 250 Pro XS 2-Stroke SN - 2B527745 / Reman Powerhead Built 8/2021 SN - QSCS00380OS0

4. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I think it is at the bottom where you check auto on or off. So you can be auto 10' for example or just 10' manual.

5. Member
    I was having a similar issue with the depth range in Scout mode which made it nearly useless. I kept setting it to a fixed range of 30’ or 40’ and shortly afterward it would change on its own and bounce around shallow values (5’, 8’, etc.). It was definitely not set to auto.

I moved the mount down a little on the shaft and that cleared it up.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tunamann View Post
    I was having a similar issue with the depth range in Scout mode which made it nearly useless. I kept setting it to a fixed range of 30’ or 40’ and shortly afterward it would change on its own and bounce around shallow values (5’, 8’, etc.). It was definitely not set to auto.

I moved the mount down a little on the shaft and that cleared it up.
    That is what mine is doing. I was in scout mode too. Thanks for the input, I'll check the mount height. I just used the same position as my AT1 as I just swapped out the black box and transducer. Easiest install I've done on this rig, lol

7. Member
    How high is your transducer from the top of your Trolling Motor (Motor)

8. Member
    Fished yesterday after moving the transducer mount to just above the motor and that solved the problem. Thank you gents.

9. Member
    I use AT2 on my Carbons. The AT2 and units all have the latest software updates.

When in Scout mode, my range keeps changing on its own just like the OP. I moved the AT2 transducer as far down on my trolling motor shaft as it will go and it still does this so unlike the OP that did not fix things for me.

There is no "auto" range setting that I can find... only auto contrast.

Bwizard, what length TM shaft do you have and how far under water did you have to move the transducer to? I have a 45" shaft pretty common for bass boats.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S
    VesselView Link - Enertia Eco
    MotorGuide Tour Pro - Epoch Lithiums
    Lowrance Carbons - Active Target 2

10. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    John, if you scrole to the bottom of the "range" screen what do you see?

11. Member
    John, if you scroll to the bottom of the "range" screen what do you see?
    I see 400ft as the last entry at the bottom of the range list. There is no "auto" at the bottom of the list.

I just checked in the garage not on the water. In the garage, there is an "auto 80ft" at the top of the list but like I say in the garage without the TM shaft deployed. Not sure the auto 80ft was there on the water but will check next trip. In any case, I was constantly manually selecting range values like 40ft with no "auto" in sight and it was switching itself every time.

12. Member
    If the unit is stopped, you can't change the range. Not sure if that's your issue but I usually stop mine before i stow it so no range changing is possible in that mode.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgreig2 View Post
    If the unit is stopped, you can't change the range. Not sure if that's your issue but I usually stop mine before i stow it so no range changing is possible in that mode.
    Not even sure what you mean with respect to the problem of the range changing automatically while using AT2 in scout mode? Obviously my Carbon and AT2 black box are ON when using FFS on the water.

14. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    OK the auto setting is only for down. My bad, I've got one in scout all the time set at 50' and one click down from level on the FO mount. I hope you figure it out!

15. Member
    OK the auto setting is only for down. My bad, I've got one in scout all the time set at 50' and one click down from level on the FO mount. I hope you figure it out!
    Thx Russ

16. Member
    I put in a request for help from Lowrance tech support 7 days ago and was assigned a case number on this scout mode range changing issue. I have had NO response at all! They probably have no idea if this is a bug or what is causing the issue or how to fix it.

I remember when their tech support was much better than it is now.