Thread: Ultrex

Ultrex

My son has a newer model ultrex, it came with the small remote . I tried to pair to his motor with my 2018 model remote to set boat scale and it wont pair. I recently bought a new remote off facebook MP and it wont pair with his motor. What's the problem

The 2023/2024 motors have Advanced GPS, the full size remotes are not interchangeable. The micro-remote will work with iPilot or Advanced GPS.

Stuff you can't do with the micro-remote and Advanced GPS can be done with the One-Boat-Network app.

These are the two full size remotes

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/Advanced, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

You can get the Advanced GPS full size remote and pair it with the Advanced GPS Ultrex.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Is the ” newer model “ an advanced GPS or just one of the Ultrex’s that came with the Micro remote a couple years ago? It may even be an Ipilot and not the Link version?
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Is the ” newer model “ an advanced GPS or just one of the Ultrex’s that came with the Micro remote a couple years ago? It may even be an Ipilot and not the Link version?
    ALL the 2023/2024 models are Advanced GPS. They either come with a full size remote or a micro-remote.
    If you look at the installation instructions for each motor, it shows all the parts included.

The micro-remote works with all Bluetooth motors manufactured after 2017. the Advanced GPS full size remote only works with the Advanced GPS motors.
    Micro Remote-Bluetooth - Minn Kota (johnsonoutdoors.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I am confused. Have we established the motor that needs the boat size adjusted is the current model?(Advanced GPS)It was not clear to me that”A newer Ultrex” meant Advanced GPS That is the only one that can be used with the current full sized model remote. The touch remote(on the right portion of the pic) can’t be used with the current model motors or an ipilot only motor either. Yes any bluetooth motor can use the current bluetooth micro remote. There has to be some reason the remotes won’t pair with the motor. Please clue me in on what I am not getting! Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    I am confused. Have we established the motor that needs the boat size adjusted is the current model?(Advanced GPS)It was not clear to me that”A newer Ultrex” meant Advanced GPS That is the only one that can be used with the current full sized model remote. The touch remote(on the right portion of the pic) can’t be used with the current model motors or an ipilot only motor either. Yes any bluetooth motor can use the current bluetooth micro remote. There has to be some reason the remotes won’t pair with the motor. Please clue me in on what I am not getting! Bob
    Advanced GPS motors need the new full size remote (on the left) or the One-Boat-Network app to do the Boat Scale adjustment.

The iPilot LINK full size remote (on the right) will not work with Advanced GPS motors and will work with an iPilot LINK motor. There are other iPilot full size remotes for non-LINK motors that are not as sophisticated as the LINK remote. I think the other remotes are called Auto Pilot remotes--never had one of those.

The Advanced GPS full size remote (on the left) will not work with iPilot LINK motors or iPilot motors.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    You can do the boat scale adjustment on the graph, no need for the big remote.

9. Member
    Except with the ipilot. No ethernet. Complicated world!
    https://minnkota.johnsonoutdoors.com...mote-bluetooth