Foam in a 2007 Champion 206

I’ve been a little slow getting on plane lately. If my foam was wet where would it be? I pulled the seat panel out just trying to air things out a little more. I don’t see any foam anywhere.

2. Member
    You wouldn’t find it without drilling holes.

if you have any transom mounted transducers, you could pull a screw and see if water will eventually drip out.

I found mine when I changed out the threaded drain plug assembly, water started dripping and never stopped. Makes you sick to your stomach.

If you’re tie downs aren’t sealed up, water could be getting in there or the JP bolts or under the top cap trim by the motor.

3. Member
    Was yours the foam or the transom? My transom seems very solid. Could just be motor issue. I’ve been battling that. Getting tired of messing with this old boat

4. Member
    My ‘07 has been great so far. Aside from the deck collecting water at both consoles. I pulled the cup holder on the starboard side and there is foam under the deck there. I presume the port side too. Which leads me to believe that the foam would be under the deck on both sides of the keel through out the boat.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by karaider00 View Post
    Was yours the foam or the transom? My transom seems very solid. Could just be motor issue. I’ve been battling that. Getting tired of messing with this old boat

Foam, by the stringers. I ended up drilling holes where the stringer is and epoxied drain lines. Long story short, I blew air through an air compressor into a tube and water would shoot out my drain tube. Took like 2 years for it to finally dry. Probably also helped that the boat got moved to a hot dry climate. Absolutely nightmare and if I ever buy another boat, it will be less than 2 years old.

I could be wrong on the lay out of the 206, but check the battery lockers, my 223 has them on each side in the back.
    the batteries sit on top of wood covered with glass matte, over the years of previous owners drilling into the base to install battery trays allows for water to penetrate into the foam filled cavity below, I cut mine out and dug out all the wet foam and redid them. Bad design from the start.