Livescope White Line

Livescope started showing bottom at a 45 degree angle regardless of depth yesterday and an arched white line appeared on the right of the screen. The line will adjust with range. No settings or other changes from when it operated correctly earlier the same day.

2. Member
    My issues started with what you describe and have gotten worse with both of my units. I have 2 8612 with LVS34 transducers.

Blows my mind that this happened to me without any updates or settings being changed. Now I have lots of issues as I have updated the units trying to fix this issue.
    Lanierspotman
    2023 Skeeter 21ZXR 2023 250 SHO
    Lake Lanier, GA

3. Member
    Three possibilities that I'm aware of:
    1. The AHRS (stabilation) is malfunctioning. It resets with each power cycle so if it happens on successive trips, that's a possibility. Turn it offf, go to a place you know has a flat bottom and manually adjust the bottom to be flat. If it's under warranty, you may get it replaced, but you can use it in manual mode.
    2. The mounting of the transducer could be off. Check the mounting for correct position and that it is still tight.
    3. If you've mounted the transducer correctly in relation to the shaft, check if the shaft is out of plumb. There's no difference in the effect. The transducer is not sitting in the water as expected for either Forward or Down. While on the water with the TM deployed drop a line down beside the shaft. Check in front of the shaft and beside the shaft. It doesn't have to be perfect but if you want the best performance you need it to be close.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Thanks fellas. I appreciate the responses. I reset default settings then updated software on th lvs and the echo map then took the boat to the lake. The problem appears to be solved for now. That said I was only on the water for an hour, wo we'll see if it sticks.

Make sure AHRS is on. Turn mode to Forward and not Auto.

6. Member
    Call CS but my opinion is your transducer is toast. I recently had an AHRS is with mine where the bottom showed vertically. CS sent me a new transducer and back to normal now.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    Call CS but my opinion is your transducer is toast. I recently had an AHRS is with mine where the bottom showed vertically. CS sent me a new transducer and back to normal now.
    It seems that i spoke too soon. It worked great for about an hour then started doing the same thing. I'll be calling CS tomorrow.
    Last edited by That4car; 06-02-2024 at 07:14 AM.

8. Member
    I now have the white arched line back after the latest update. But only in one of my 8612s, not both. I just don’t have time on the water to troubleshoot this stuff.
    Lanierspotman
    2023 Skeeter 21ZXR 2023 250 SHO
    Lake Lanier, GA