Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator

Power Pole Adapter Plates Mounting

14 FX20 12 inch slide master jackplate. I installed my adapter plates last night. I put them down fairly low. Clear the sponsons good etc. However I have a read a few posts that suggest that the best bracket location is flush with the top of the plate. Seems high to me however I get it for possible drag etc in the water. Anyone have power poles on the same plate and possibly the same boat and your mounting location? Thanks.

When I ran the SM on my '16, I want to say it was recommended to start at about 1" down from the top. But that was prob 2 years ago and I've switched to a Bob's so I might be mis-remembering. Shoot a PM to Kevin (K&K Kustomz) and he can tell you for sure.

3. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Thank you!!!! I’d love to put a bobs on mine but I’m scared of the sealant taking the gel off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
    Thank you!!!! I’d love to put a bobs on mine but I’m scared of the sealant taking the gel off!!!
    Actually, I was also very worried about that, you hear horror stories about Skeeter and Gel Coat and even fiberglass in cases getting pulled - in fact I even bought a can of Debond just in case, but the shop that installed it said the SlideMaster came off very easily... So I got lucky. Or unlucky, as it also might mean I own a "Friday Shift" boat