Question First Time 20FXR Owner....

Traded my ZX250 for a 2024 FXR20 w/ SHO250. Boat Performance question. Ran 25 T2 @~5900 RPM (Installed Tach) for 68.5 - 69 MPH. By myself. Lithium TM batteries, two 27 cranking batteries, run pretty heavy boat. Ran both with Livewells empty and full and effectively was little difference. Ran jack plate from 2 to 10/11, best performance around 6,7,8. Generally not real happy. Only around 65-66 with same setup with two people. Decided to try my spare prop (nothing to lose). Spare is a FXP Turbo 26. Exact same setup, gained 100-150 RPM and 3 MPH. So now with tournament load I am around 67 give or take. Still feel like i should be able to touch 70 on the first run of the morning. My thoughts are is that my T2 is junk. Anyone have any suggestions concerning what needs to be done to the T2 prop OR any other prop ideas to squeeze a little more speed out? I have a buddy who has a really HOT 25 T2 that i am going to test just to see. I know lots of folks are saying get weight to the back of the boat.... I pretty much have done what i can and filling the livewells dont make a difference. Have not tried running with Jack Plate up at 12-14 which i have seen some folks do. Thanks ahead of time for any thoughts/suggestions.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250 / 250SHO
    Brian

2. Member
    I run jack plate at 12-14 most of the time.

3. Member
    The 25-t2 is the proper prop for that boat. I run my JP at 15 or higher. RPMS 6100+, at 75+ mph with lithium batteries, solo. 73 with tournament partner and gear. You can add weight to the back to compensate for the lighter batteries but if you do not remove weight from the bow, you are just weighing the boat down. Every year the first thing I do when I receive my boat is remove the tackle organizer. that thing weighs 40+ pounds. I do not carry a massive amount of tackle. If I travel for a tournament, I may overload the boat, but as a plan comes together the extra gear quickly gets removed.