25 hp leak in cowl

I have an electric start 25 hp tiller, 2003. It developed a leak inside the cowl near the power head base. Before I start pulling the power head off is there anything else I should look for? I dont have serial number with me as it is at my summer cabin.

2. Member
    inspect exhaust plate gaskets for sure
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I think it is the gasket between the power haed and the exhasut plate. Can I just lift powerhead up abd replace? or do I need to remove lower unit? Do I need to do anythign with shift linkage or drive shaft?

4. Member
    you can lift powerhead , shift linkage must be disconnected, nothing needs done to driveshaft
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    The shift linkage is not just spined like on a big motor? Should I add any rtv to gaskets?

6. Member
    no sir , you got a manual ???? no rtv needed

7. Member
    It is not my motor. I am trying to help out a friend. You know the saying no good deed........

8. Member
    remove starter youll see top of shift shaft there is a clip with a pin through shaft flip it up and remove it , thats all that you need to do, lift powerhead up after removing other attachments

9. Member
    JOE54- THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Member
    yea man