Question Chickamauga: Island Cove Marina

I am considering staying at the motel at Island Cove Marina for a few nights and renting a nightly slip. Has anyone done this?

I am wondering about risk of theft with the boat left in the slip overnight? I would lock the compartments, but do know how that can go. Has anyone stayed here in slip or with boat on trailer overnight?

2. Member
    I haven't hear of any problems with them. You should be ok.

2016 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, 250 PRO XS
    Shawn Willoughby

3. Member
    I’ve stayed there. Individually and large group. Didn’t rent a boat slip. Great place. Good restaurant on site. Would bet there would be no problems. Secure place for sure. Great location.

4. Member
    Yeah it seems Pretty secure. They don’t have a lot of trailer parking and the motel is up on a hillside. Would be a lot easier to dock the boat so you don’t have to worry with parking. Very clean place and the Mexican restaurant is one of the best you will find anywhere.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I've never had any problems there, but have heard of thefts a while back from boats in the slips.

The Mexican restaurant is good and I like having a slip. The walk up the hotel hill after a full day of fishing and a bloated belly of Mexican sucks...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live