Wondering if anybody using for towing the Chevy Turbomax

Was wondering about Performance towing with the Chevy Turbomax Engine , Thinking of buying a new truck and seems like a lot of Chevys have the Turbomax . more of them on lot than v8 's Own a 21 skeeter fxr20 L

Have you driven a new Chevy/GMC 1500 with that motor? I think the specs are good, but in my opinion, they should have used a 6 cylinder. I think it’s rated to tow 8900 pounds minimum depending on configuration.

I didn’t like the console shifter on the 1500 and never even drove one, got an HD. My previous 1500’s had column shifters.
    Last edited by Bob G.; 05-22-2024 at 03:10 PM.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Member
    interesting , the one I'm looking at has 355 horsepower and 11100 pounds so just kicking it around

4. Member
    I saw some videos on the Turbomax on Youtube, both straight driving and towing. Seems like the power is excellent. When I was in the market last year, I found a truck equipped as I wanted on a dealer lot and it was the V8 rather than the Turbomax. Honestly, I should have at least test driven the turbo truck just to see what I thought, but I liked the one with the V8 so much that I jumped on it. I’d been in 5 consecutive 5.3 liter 1500s previously, and so far I like everything about this 2023 Silverado better than any of them. Much, much peppier, and I actually like the console shift better than the column shift now that I’m used to it. Very good fuel economy—all I do with it is tow my boat—and the 10-speed transmission is a definite improvement. My last Silverado was a 2017, and the 2023-24 versions have tons of sophisticated and useful new features. The only concern is that almost everything on this truck is electrical/computerized. Great while it works; not so great if it doesn’t.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    Have you driven a new Chevy/GMC 1500 with that motor? I think the specs are good, but in my opinion, they should have used a 6 cylinder. I think it’s rated to tow 8900 pounds minimum depending on configuration.

I didn’t like the console shifter on the 1500 and never even drove one, got an HD. My previous 1500’s had column shifters.
    If you get the bench seat the shifter is on the column. Haven't really missed the center console, the fold down center is fine