Thread: Livewell help

Livewell help

I have a 22 Z518,Can someone please explain to me how to properly use the live wells? I really thought I wasn’t this dumb and thought I knew how to use.

2 valves

“empty” “Recirc” “ Auto”
    ”Recirc” “Pumpout”

So I leave the one in Recirculating and the other in Auto most of the time

But I’m noticing I’m losing water on runs, I thought you were supposed to put both in recirculating for long runs but either way I do that I can drain the wells on runs. I’m always worried about the fish running out of water before I get to my next stop

2. Member
    You need to have a dealer check your livewell valves. Possibly a valve is misaligned, damaged, or the valve seat has accumulated dirt/debris that is preventing full closure. It happens.

3. Member
    When you are taking off to run, take it off Auto and set to recirc....

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhawk View Post
    I have a 22 Z518,Can someone please explain to me how to properly use the live wells? I really thought I wasn’t this dumb and thought I knew how to use.

2 valves

“empty” “Recirc” “ Auto”
    ”Recirc” “Pumpout”

So I leave the one in Recirculating and the other in Auto most of the time

But I’m noticing I’m losing water on runs, I thought you were supposed to put both in recirculating for long runs but either way I do that I can drain the wells on runs. I’m always worried about the fish running out of water before I get to my next stop
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback

4. Member
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback