Expert at Retired Ranger Skipper's Avatar

SD Tournament Results Question

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm trying to understand the Kettle/Cattail Tournament results showing a "Total Bag Weight Weight" of 245#s and a "Bag Weight Released" of 67#'s. Why would there not have been 245#s released? I understand there might have been some loss, but 178#'s?

https://sdbassin.profishingtournamen...ment.php?id=27
    Last edited by Ranger Skipper; 06-05-2023 at 08:27 AM.

After looking at it i think there was 67 fish released that weighed 245 that number of teams with 5 fish limits a team that didn't weigh a big or bag, possible no limit or couple dead...

3. Member
    Yes I believe that is what happened Sam.

FYI I'm going to start a tournament trail where you can't have double vowels in your name....not to pick on Haag & Haabala
    Dave

4. Expert at Retired Ranger Skipper's Avatar
    Thanks for the clarification.

Me and a buddy got to spend 4 hours on Kettle and Cattail while we were in the area last week and didn't have a clue of where to start or what technique to hit em with. It definitely fishes different than Enemy Swim, Roy and Clear. Ended up catching a few 2-3lb largies and a four on spinnerbaits, swimbaits and crankbaits. One 2lb smallie. Threw a buzz bait early morning and couldn't keep the northerns off of it. Never got to the deeper offshore timber which I think was a mistake. Wish we would have had more time trying to figure them out.

5. Member
    It can be a fun lake around Memorial day and earlier.
    Dave

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass57348 View Post
    It can be a fun lake around Memorial day and earlier.
    I bet the prop guys and service shops have lots of fun with that lake!!! There are some giants though
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157