Terrova Quest Battery Monitoring Issue

Here's my dilemma, have an Helix 7 G3N and the Terrova Quest networked together so I could get battery monitoring setup on the Helix 7. Both the Helix and Terrova have the most current updates. The problem is there is no 'battery setup' or 'battery monitoring' in the Helix setup like in the videos online. Everything else for the motor settings looks like it's there. I contacted Humminbird Support and they told me the fishfinder has to be connected to the trolling motor batteries, which I don't think is correct. Anyone have any ideas to steer me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    There seems to be confusion here. The Quest needs to be hooked up to the trolling motor batteries. Through Ethernet the info is given to your helix which will display that battery management info from the trolling motor. The electronics should not be using the trolling motor batteries for power. There is a nice video on you tube by the technological angler among others. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    The Quest is hooked up to the trolling motor batteries. The Helix is hooked up to a house battery running all the electronics. That is the problem, the helix will not display the battery management info from the trolling motor.

4. Member
    The last few youtube Jason Halfen talks Quest including the trolling motor battery monitor set-up. Link: https://youtube.com/@thetechnologica...zrao66uFxgMltE
    Last edited by bobcoy; 05-21-2024 at 10:50 AM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    The problem is there is no 'battery setup' or 'battery monitoring' in the Helix setup like in the videos online.
    You may be SOL with the Helix.

Listen again.

The Tech Angler only mentions the Solix and Apex to set up battery monitor at 00:45 in the video.

Hope I am wrong as I have Helix units also.

6. Member
    He mentions setting up the Helix around 2:45. In the video 'battery setup' and 'battery monitoring' are in his menu. Unfortunately not in mine. Only thing I can think of is mine is a Ice Helix so maybe they aren't able to do battery monitoring.

7. Member
    oops

I bailed on the video as soon as he said Solix or Apex.

Possibly a software issue with the Helix 7 vs the Helix 10 in the video?

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by kcpland1 View Post
    He mentions setting up the Helix around 2:45. In the video 'battery setup' and 'battery monitoring' are in his menu. Unfortunately not in mine. Only thing I can think of is mine is a Ice Helix so maybe they aren't able to do battery monitoring.
    Do the Ice models have an Open Water setting? If so, change to that and see if you get the battery monitoring.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/Advanced, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Yes they do, and it's set there.