Minnkota Composite Quick Connect Mounting Problem

I bought a minn kota composite quick connect for my power drive bt trolling motor to mount on a Stratos Fish n Ski. My problem is that from the flat part of the bow before it tapers down to the rub rail to the outside of the boat is greater than the distance the quick connect allows to clear the recommended 1-1/2". My thought was to move the motor forward on the mount and have it secured with four bolts instead of the six, which would not put the mount fully under the motor. I didn't know if that would put too much downward strain on the front of the motor base. My other thought is to get a slab of aluminum or stainless steel to mount fully under the bracket, and have it extend further back on the bow for more anchor points. I'd appreciate to hear if anyone had the same problem and what their solution was. Hopefully you can follow my description. Thanks for the help!

2. Member
    I've used the MK composite quick release mounts on my former two boats, plus on my current boat. In all of my applications the MK QD mount has served me well, however I had to fabricate base plates to attach the mount to each of my boats. Fortunately, I have the resources and ability to fabricate the required base plates for my applications. I will attempt to gather some pictures of my current MK QD mount and post them.
    Last edited by PSM207; 05-23-2024 at 09:52 PM.
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL