Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Post How To - Garmin Update Download w/Pics

Here is a quick tutorial w/pics for downloading an update direct from Garmin website. Pics below are from Windows 11 version so anything older may have a little different look but basically the same steps.

You can also use Garmin Express which will automatically extra files for you. In my experience i find that Garmin Express is ALOT slower than using the PC.

Before starting, id suggest formatting the sd card so its clean with nothing on it.

1. Software update page: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/support/software/marine/

2. Chose GPSmap or Echomap, then download link

3. Proceed by picking link

4. Now start the download by picking the "Download" link

5. After file has been downloaded, it will be in the "Downloads" folder on your PC. From that point you can move it to a folder of your choice.

6. At this point you want to "extract" or "unzip" folder. Older versions of windows will label it as "unzip".

7. A window will open up where you will then find the drive that your SD card is in and thats where the files will be extracted to.

8. Extract button will start the process. Depending on the write speed of the card, it can take a little while but i'd say expect from 15-30 mins.

9. Once it is done, you will see a single folder named "Garmin" and in there will be the update files. You are now ready to update your unit.

Power your unit(s) up and let them get up and going......insert the update card and follow on screen instructions.
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 05-26-2024 at 03:04 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS