RT178 and Active Target Module

Putting active target on the rt178 and wondering if anyone who has the same boat can recommend a good place to mount the module. Really dont want to use the rod locker or any of the other storage either as space is limited. Under the console or under the front deck looking like the only options but not ideal. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Member
    Under the console shouldn't be a problem if you don't want to use a storage locker.

Mine is in the starboard storage locker. Really doesn't take up much space.

enjoy

3. Member
    I mounted mine vertically on the front wall of the starboard storage compartment in my RT188. It really does not take up much space in that orientation.

4. Member
    Problem on the 178 is the starboard storage compartment is much smaller than the 188. I cant decide where i want to put this thing. I am leaning towards somewhere under the deck even though it is not the best accessibility.

5. Member
    On my 2023 rt178 i took the liner out of the starboard compartment and mounted in there. There is plenty of room.lvs.jpg
    Last edited by therocknj; 05-22-2024 at 12:55 PM.

6. Member
    I pulled the plastic liner out of the compartment in front of the console, placed the module under it, and replaced the liner. Didn't even attach the module - the weight of the liner/contents have kept it in place (for about 9 months now).

7. Member
    Thanks for suggestions. Therocknj, that is where my fuse block is mounted so going to try and make some room for the module. Under that starboard compartment somewhere makes the most sense, just wanted to make sure no issues since it is not completely dry there.

8. Member
    Got it mounted and finished up today. Ended up mounting forward of the starboard compartment under the deck. 4 screws and I can access it fairly easy if needed. Did everyone hook up the ground wire for the case when installing your Active Target? I went ahead and hooked it up with 10 ga wire to my fuse block but not sure if necessary.
    Last edited by billwvu05; 05-25-2024 at 09:03 AM.