Caymans CX19 ultrex24V 80

Looking at a new Caymas CX19.it’s rigged with a 24V Ultrex 80 lb thrust. Is this going to be an acceptable size for this boat? Should I change to 36V before purchase?

2. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    That really all depends on the bodies of water that you fish. If you are only on non current influenced lakes, that should be plenty. If you fish any tidal influenced waters where the current rips, you might be better off looking at a 36v.

3. Member
    I’ve had a 24v motor on both a 19’ Triton and a 21’ Tritons boat and now I have a 36v motor on this new CX21 Caymas. Honestly, I can tell very little difference. I don’t fish any tidal waters though, perhaps I’d see a difference in tidal waters. I do however fish in lots of hydrilla and other grasses and once again I can see very little differences in the 24v motor vs the 36v motor. None of them are gonna get through thick hydrilla regardless. It sorta boils down to personal preference and the type waters you fish.

4. Member
    Like other have said, it depends upon the type of water you fish.... also considering how long you stay out in a day and how much you use the trolling motor vs the gas engine. If it were me, I would go 36v. The last three boats I have owned have had a 36V... I have a CX19 bought new in 2023. It was outfitted with the Lowrance Ghost 36v. This trolling motor is the "bomb"! Its flat out the quietest, quickest, and easy to control trolling motor I have ever owned. The electronics from Lowrance work seamlessly with it. If you have some extra bucks, go for it. You may have some buying power too...as interest rates are very high, and boat sales are down. Wouldn't hurt to make them swap it out as a deal closer....Hope this helps!