First Bullet Problem

The wife and I fished a tournament last weekend and we had some livewell issues. Most will know the answer to this before I finish. BUT, for us new-ish owners take note!

So we stayed in the marina motel the night before so I pulled the graphs off the boat. The next morning when we got on the water, the livewell fill would not turn off, nor would the nav lights...... I was like what the hell is going on??? So I layed under the console and un-zip tied all the wiring to get to the switch. I pulled every wire off the switch, but the fill stayed on when the power switch was on.

To heck with it, we will just turn the power on to refresh the livewell all day. So we went on with the tournament. (finished mid pack, only weighed 2 fish) This problem ate me up all day, I was so frustrated and even being short with my wife. I work VERY hard to maintain my equipment flawlessly and normally only have issues when I choose to beat extremely hard on my toys. (some of you know I tractor pulled before this) So I know if you choose violence, it's not if, it's when. But with this boat, I actually can't drive it well enough to beat it, so problems shouldn't come up like this.

Yes, pumps and switches fail. But that day, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how the damn thing was staying on with everything unhooked.

Get home, put the boat away in the shop knowing my next day off would be performing electrical troubleshooting on the boat. Never fun. So on my way to work the next day I called Shandon (the guy I bought the boat from) and asked if he'd ever had a problem like this. In the middle of telling him what it was doing, he goes.....WAIT, WAIT, WAIT....... Did you check the bow switches...... And before he even got the statement out of his mouth, I was like DAAAAAMNIT!!!!!!

Called the wife and asked her to run out to the shop and look at the switches...... Sure as sh** the switches were down...... I'm 100% certain I hit them reinstalling the graph. I was pissed about a problem I created. SMH

So newer owners, if you have a crazy switch problem....... Check the bow switches LOL!!!!! But I still gotta go put the wiring back together. DOH!!
    Cody
    2018 Bullet 21SDC 250 ProXS
    2B526206

2. Member
    The bow switches even get the most seasoned Bullet owners from time to time!!!
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

Been there, done that lol

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Well I have done the same thing. I just did not go as far as unhooking stuff.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

Yep, it happens.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

6. Member
    Guilty here also.

7. Member
    Yup happened to me first Bullet I remember calling Bullet it was embarrassing
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

8. Member
    Gets me too from time to time. I’ll go to hit the trim while im fishing and hit the livewells too. Takes me a while figure out what I’VE DONE.
    21 XRS
    Garmin, LVS 34, lithium Pro, SeaClear
    8ft PP, Move and Charge

9. Member
    It happens more often than you may think.

So does forgetting to put the drain plug in. Don't ask me how I know that.

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone on this, I felt like such a dope.
    Cody
    2018 Bullet 21SDC 250 ProXS
    2B526206

11. Member
    I just did the same thing last weekend, My old bullet i had removed all my front switch because i never used them so it's not something i even thought of. I even called bullet to ask them to send me a new switch

12. Member
    Add me to the list.