Just not the same

I finally got to do some fishing last week. I have a daughter that plays softball in college and a son that plays basketball and baseball in middle school. I also help coach a baseball team. So my fishing days right now are far and few between. I enjoy watching my kids play and the wife and I try to watch every game we can but dad burn it I miss driving my Bullet. So last week I fished 2 times out of 2 different boats. Neither being a Bullet. Both were top name brand boats. Both were very good fishing platforms with different lay outs. But MY HEAVENS what a Difference in the performance of these boats compared to what we have folks is not really close. Both these boats were shorter than 21' and both had 250 hp. I have owned 3 Bullet boats over the last 30 years and I still get a absolute rush when I take off down the lake. Both the owners discussed top speeds on their boats. It was not even close to a 21' 10" Bullet with same HP. So Lord willing I think I am going to be on this web page for many years to come.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

2. Member
    Awesome
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

I too have been in several different brands and getting in a Bullet is like stepping into another dimension. No joke. I’ll never forget my first time. Not saying other brands don’t have quality or make a nice fishing platform, but the performance difference is miles apart. I’ve been in some nice rigs and while fishing had plenty of room. Some brand layouts are not how I’d like them to be and some were rather nice. As far as ride, my Bullet is like riding a cloud. I was so impressed the first time and am still getting impressed everytime out. Trust me, this is not a bashing story and it’s not that I’m completely biased on Bullet. It’s just that I have found the boat that satisfies me. I’m sure everyone feels the same about their boats and that’s good. Each brand has its high points. It’s mindset too. Some like a certain platform. Some have sold their Bullets cause they thought the decks were too narrow. They liked a tug boat style deck like a Ranger. That’s fine too. I personally think they are wide enough. I look for long enough. I do think that if more people rode in a Bullet, there would be a higher demand. I know I’ve changed the minds of several friends. One thing about the performance part, it’s not just WOT! The ease on the gas at any range saves gas! With gas prices nowadays, the fuel efficiency of Bullets makes them a winner with me. Everybody thinks these go fast boats have to be going 100mph every where you go. I cruise at 40-50 a lot of times and barely touching the gas. It’s hard not to slam into it and feel the rush, but I can contain it! I don’t think people realize the fuel efficiency with performances. That’s a major plus. A super ride at any speed. Yes, driver input makes a world of difference when it comes to ride in every brand, but I’ve noticed it takes less input in a Bullet. The hull is designed to slice water and not smack it. Then there’s looks. Yes, there are a lot of nice looking rigs out there. With color schemes and colors/shades. Some very sharp! I guess I just like the sleek, straight lines on a Bullet. A Bullet does have one of the best finishes out there. Like others, I’m proud of my boat and to be a Bullet owner. I can say that in the 40 some years of boating, I’ve never seen a group of boat owners that held such a high sense of camaraderie towards one another and care for their boats. It’s family like. You can look for used boats in any brand say 20 years old (and I have!) and the majority of the time, the Bullets will be in much better condition. Just saying. I’ve seen it too many times. But regardless of brand, there are many brands with plus and minus’s, I’ve found more plus’s with Bullet.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Member
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

5. Member
    Well said Randy. One thing I think Bullet did back in the early 90’s was one big thing. They designed a boat that was way way way ahead of its time. No other companies had a bass boat that had a front deck, storage and total size like a Bullet. 21’10” was unheard of in 1992. Most major boat companies were making much shorter boats with nowhere near the amount of storage and deck space. Then on top of all that they designed a hull with unmatched performance. What other bass boat would still be relevant in today’s market? Go back and look at some boats from early 1990’s. Alllison, Bass cat, Ranger, skeeter and see if they could sale that same design in 2024. I know Bullet has made a few changes and a few new models in the past few years but they are all similar to the original 21XD.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

6. Member
    +100000000000000000

You’re right, Brad, the long decks were unheard of back then. My one Stratos (1986 Stratos VT180 Rocket) only had a 27” long deck before it dropped off. That sucked! I can lay my 7’10” rods down on my deck and still have almost a foot of room! Not many can do that.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

8. Member
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

9. Member
    I am on my fifth Bullet and I keep thinking I want a wider boat at the front seat because I have to sit more now because of back and knee problems but I can’t get away from them. I have fished in several different boats over the years but I think they are the best built boats out there.