Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area.

I know all you guys are busy getting ready for the TT gathering this Sunday but I got to see if you'll might know the answer to this question. <u>Where is the location of a gas station that sells ethanol free gasoline? </u> I am looking to find "That Gas Station that sells Ethanol Free(E0) gas. When I was at TT <u>several weeks ago </u>I tested the regular gas at the station on hwy 64 in Ashboro where I got gas it was 5% ethanol. I paid $2.49/gal. They told me there was a station down the road that sold E0 gas but it was very high $4-$5+/gal. Know here we go? I am from Missouri so, "Show Me". I don't plan on running right out and buying some just curious where it is.

Modified by Speadtrap at 11:17 AM 6/14/2010

2. Member

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (Speadtrap)

hwy 49 has e free juice..1/2 mile south from the 49 launch..

they open at 5:30 am btw..

zooker

2002 stratos 2003 yamaha
    1971 terry 1971 johnson

god bless latino woman

3. Banned

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (zooker)

Thanks Zooker. I was just curious not in need of gas just curious. I checked the Sporting Good store on hwy 49 down near where Stokes Ferry Rd. comes off 49 and it was 5%several weeks ago. Thats OK. Good Luck Sunday and be safe and stay cool.

4. Banned

Guys every one of us need to start asking every station we purchase from to please put in a 0% E pump for boats The station owner really don't have a clue unless we bitch an requet Can not find any 0%E in the LKN Hwy 150 area

5. Member

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (Rangerman)

If you are going to High Rock Lake N.C. there is a little gas station in Southmont that sells NON ETHANOL. It is called Sothmont Grocery on Hwy 8.

6. Banned

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (itsme)

I got gas there several months ago and tested the gas for ethanol content with an ethanol tester kit I ordered and there gas has 5% which is what I have found in every station I have bought from in the past year. Of course this test is just for that time I got gas. Each time the station gets a new load of gasoline things change.

7. Member

I did a search and found this website.

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NC

maybe it will help. thanks for this post. i thought that all gas was 10% ethanol. now i know where i can get it, about 8 miles from my house.

8. Member

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (mkm)

I checked with Kangaroo a while back and they told me all of their stores in the NC chain have E10 gas. I have not found anywhere local around here(Cumberland Co.) that sells non E10 gas.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

9. Member

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (Cape Fear)

Same deal here in Raleigh/Wake Forest. There is one station, an Exxon on 98 near Falls Lake that supposedly is E10 free. I gave up and just run a name brand fuel from a high volume dealer. I guess it has come down to being grateful each time I go out and do not have problems. So far so good on my current rig. The BS in NC is that currently they do not have to post if you're purchasing ethanol laden fuel. That will really be awful if E15 is the same and there is no requirement to post % of ethanol in the fuel.
    08 Ranger Reata 210
    Yamaha VMAX 225 HPDI

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (Reata210)

Eutaw Exxon on Bragg Blvg.had ethanol free gas for a while, the last time I was there he told me he was having a hard time getting it.
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

11. Member

I have checked the gas at Southmont Grocery and my test kit showed 0%. Are you near the store and available to retest? The percentage of ethanol the government allows will be changing in November to 15%. Southmont Grocery will continue to sell <u>ethanol free </u>but will probably only be able to get 91 octane.

12. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar

I've been running the gas from the highway 49 tackle store, as Zook suggested. The lady there said one of her regular clients took a sample recently and sent it off to be tested. It tested 0 ethanol, so she says.

I bought that little test kit last spring, but have yet to test the gas there. Maybe I'll get a sample there this weekend and confirm the findings.

13. Member

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (BuzzB8)

where can you get a test kit?

14. Member

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (dk239)

Does he set aside a certain pump for his E free gas or does he use it on all his pumps when he is able to get it?
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

15. Member

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (Yammie)

I bought one off of ebay.

16. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (Yammie)

Jesse, it's basically a test tube with marks on it. I think I paid 8 bucks, or so, and like "itsme", I got mine from ebay also.

17. Member

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (Cape Fear)

The gas tanks have always been used with ethanol free gas and will continue to be that way. The tanker used to bring in the gas only hauls ethanol free. In November 91 and 93 octane will only be available ethanol free & I have been told if they can not get the ethanol free gas that they would stop selling gas altogether. There are two repair shops in the area that have been sending customers their way because of gas problems they have incountered.

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (itsme)

Cape Fear, I'm not sure which pumps were E-free.
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (dk239)

Uwharrie Sportsman is listed as ethanol free. Personally I would not put a lot of faith in any of them unless I or someone I trusted tested to be sure. I try to run Seafoam and Startron in every gallon of gas I purchase.

20. Banned

Re: Ethanol Free Free gas in the Triad Area. (TBirck)

Exactly Tom. I have an ethanol tester that I ordered. I keep it in the truck and when I go get gas for the boat I always check the gas first. I had mentioned that I test the gas where I tank the boat on another fishing forum and was told to stop crying about the ethanol content of gas in NC. Anyway I don't really think that hold up from week to week since most gas stations have their tanks checked and refilled weekly so everything changes at that refill time. A NOTE: Just wonder what is going to happen when and if the state legislators raise the regulation concerning the % of ethanol allowed. ???????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast