Garmin Boat set up question

My boat will be done in a couple months and I’m going to be rigging it out with 2 126sv graphs, lvs34 and a Garmin force. When setting everything up should I buy the 5 port box and network everything through it or should I just use a network cable? Also should I get the steady cast heading sensor and if so can it only be hooked up through NMEA? Is there anything else I need? Thanks for all the information.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    In my opinion, i'd would add the port box. Box or not, you will still need the network cables to network. As for heading, either get the Steadycast or the 24xd which is the gps/heading puck all in one. Both steadycast and 24xd is NEMA sensors so you will need to install that network also and connect the units.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    So I should connect them all through NMEA and also run a box and network through it as well?

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Of using steadfast, yes all unit need to be connected. As for the box i would have one but it's not necessary on your end at this point.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Since the 126sv have 2 ethernet ports and Force connects via wireless, you can probably get away with daisy chaining the two 126sv and connecting the GLS10 for the LVS34 into one of the 126sv unless you plan to turn one at the console off while fishing to save battery. If you do plan to turn one off, connect the GLS10 to the bow 126sv that you plan to leave on 100% of the time that you use the GLS10 or get an ethernet switch.
    1985 Skeeter SF-175 & 1985 Evinrude 150 XP (with VRO removed)
    2x Humminbird 1199 with Humminbird 360 and Side Imagng
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv with LVS32
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 45" DCS Advanced GPS
    Millennium Spyderlok Crappie Rod holders