Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

9 years of college?

2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

2. Member
    Is he studying to be a doctor?

3. Member

there are a lot of "college" tournament anglers that have been in school as long and longer then that......
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

5. Member
    Between my 2-year degree, bachelor's, and master's degrees, I have 8 years of schooling under my belt. Note that I didn't go full time for my master's, so it was a 4-year process not 2.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    First thing I thought of!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Between my 2-year degree, bachelor's, and master's degrees, I have 8 years of schooling under my belt. Note that I didn't go full time for my master's, so it was a 4-year process not 2.
    I have a friend whose daughter is going to veterinarian school, and it is a lot longer than some people that are in the medical field.

8. Member
    Oh I believe it. I found it funny a few months ago when my son and I went to a UNH vs Clemson soccer match. My son is very good at soccer and is looking at these two programs. As they were announcing the starters very few of the men were not what I would consider a true college student. Most were "Grad" students cherry picked from other country's to play for the program....

9. Member
    Love of the game!
    Red Sox in 6!

I did the 5 year plan...... with a red shirt............

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    Is he studying to be a doctor?
    It should only take 8 years total to become a doctor. Four years of undergrad and another 4 years of medical school.

If you get someone else to pay for it, why not?

13. Member
    Took me 10 to get through for my Chem/Bio degree. Some semesters, I only had enough $$ for one or two classes, lol.

14. Member
    Anything goes now. Wonder how long Home Depot has been holding a job opening for him?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

15. Member
    Wisconsin passed a law years ago to prevent a guy from attending state college forever. He would take classes for a major just shy of qualifying for a degree and then change majors. He did this for years. Apparently his father owned a very successful company and figured it was cheaper to pay tuition than hire him.

16. Member
    Classic Tommy Boy clip !!!
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

The crazy thing is that several players from that freshman recruiting class are now signing their second NFL contract.

With that said, this is partially why the transfer portal is a thing. Adding a bazillion years of eligibility due to covid and these injuries occupies valuable scholarships and playing opportunities for incoming freshman. These guys have almost no shot at getting into the NFL either partially due to age.

I don't think there are any circumstances where a player should have more than 5 years of eligibility regardless of medical or intentional redshirts.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruse64 View Post
    Took me 10 to get through for my Chem/Bio degree. Some semesters, I only had enough $$ for one or two classes, lol.
    Took me 9 years to get my BS. Factor in working 40 plus hours a week, getting married, managing a crumbling marriage for five years of it and my wife filing for divorce my last week of finals.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruse64 View Post
    That’s really impressive that you stuck with it and persevered!

20. Member
    All this degree talk is kind of funny, the doctor was a joke. Does he even have an associates yet? Nothing in the article about getting a degree or even how many credit hours he has or even what he's studying. It's only about sports and even says his goal is the NFL not a degree.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast