Thread: Bunk boards

Bunk boards

I'm wanting to rest my 190 hull on a couple of jack stands and a 2x6 to change out the bunks. One side at a time. What's the likelihood of damaging the hull? Where is the best placement for a 2x6, 6ft long. It would be easier if toward the middle and back but it's more curved there. I could always drive it to the lake but if this won't hurt my hull I'd prefer it. Thanks for any tips.

2. #FRB
    Not the answer you were looking for but I'd just drop the boat in the water and have everything ready to go when you pull the empty trailer out. Shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes to change out two bunk boards and that's if you take your time and make sure everything is lined up perfect. Clamps, drill, and stainless lag screws will get it done.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Member
    Very easy to do. Just let trailer tongue down & put wood blocks under the jack plate & raise it back up to normal position. Then use a floor jack under keel to jack up off of trailer. Remove bunks & do whatever you're doing to them. Reinstall with new stainless lag bolts. Let keel back down unto trailer. Jack trailer down & remove blocks from jacklate. Jack trailer back up to normal position. Done. I done mine in the garage one day it was pouring rain & put caliber bunk wrap material on mine instead of carpet & they've worked great. I just back in to completely wet the bunks & pull up to normal position before loading back up & ease right up without having to power load at all. Just don't unhook winch strap before getting to the water.

4. Member
    #2Today, 06:15 PM
    I premade my boards, took them and the boat to the lake, put the boat in the water and tied it to the dock, swapped out the boards, then went fishing. Took about 15 min to swap them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose6 View Post
    #2Today, 06:15 PM
    I premade my boards, took them and the boat to the lake, put the boat in the water and tied it to the dock, swapped out the boards, then went fishing. Took about 15 min to swap them out.
    This is what I do. The old boards even went into the dumpster at the ramp.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    This is what I do. The old boards even went into the dumpster at the ramp.
    X3
    '23 Tracker Pro Guide V16SC; Mercury 60hp 4 Stroke; Lowrance HDS Live 9; Late '23 Terrova 24/80/60