No more Marion Pond On The Mississinewa

2. Member
    Need rain!!

3. Member
    Well now that it's gone I'll let the cat out of the bag. That was probably the best kept secret regarding cold water smallmouth fishing in the state. There were good fish ready to bite all through that stretch in the colder months and easy to access with a bigger boat as well. Sad to see it go. I don't know why the trend of blowing out dams has appeared over the last few years. The Dowagiac River up in Michigan has been negatively affected by this as well.

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I didn't know they took that out. When I lived in Marion, back in the 70's. as stated above, that pond was a great place to fish. Too bad.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jpd_hack View Post
    Well now that it's gone I'll let the cat out of the bag. That was probably the best kept secret regarding cold water smallmouth fishing in the state. There were good fish ready to bite all through that stretch in the colder months and easy to access with a bigger boat as well. Sad to see it go. I don't know why the trend of blowing out dams has appeared over the last few years. The Dowagiac River up in Michigan has been negatively affected by this as well.
    Cat had been out of bag for as long as I remember. Lot of sadness.