Need prop ideas for my new set up

I have a 2003 187 champion DC. I just recently re powered my boat with a 2022 Mercury ProXS 4 stoke. Looking
    For any help on what prop is best for this set up. I am running a tempest 21p and have ran a 23 tempest and a furry. The 23 fury run slowest
    The 23 tempest runs out at 5300 rpm and only 58 mph. The 21 tempest runs out at 5650 and 58 mph.
    I have a 10 inch hydraulic atlas jack plate. Looking for anyone that has theirs set up and what prop. Thanks

2. Member
    What horsepower?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    What horsepower?
    Oh man sorry I missed that part 175

4. Member
    What’s the max RPM range for this motor?

Have you had the shop verify that it’s reaching 100% WOT throttle, it’s been an issue many times.

What was your top speed with the previous motor and what prop were you running then?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    What’s the max RPM range for this motor?

Have you had the shop verify that it’s reaching 100% WOT throttle, it’s been an issue many times.

What was your top speed with the previous motor and what prop were you running then?
    Not sure on max rpm but old 175 efi was 64 with a 25 and manual jack plate

6. Member
    I will get someone to check my wot this week

7. Member
    Thank you sir

8. Member
    Tempest should be a good wheel. Either the 21 or 23 should be the right one, assuming they are somewhat true to pitch and haven't been repaired or butchered by anyone. About 3-3.5" propshaft below pad on the jackplate should be the right motor height. These boats need maximum trim so I would have the shop also ensure you are getting the full trim range on the motor as well as full, wide open throttle.

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Mercury site shows 5400-6000 RPM for the 175 Pro XS. My understanding is that Merc 4 strokes like less pitch than the equivilent 2 stroke, so my bet is a 21-23 Tempest or Fury would be the prop. But you need to make sure your outboard is capable of reaching max RPM.[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)]5400-6000[/COLOR]