Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lookin' for Five...

2018 Nitro Z20 Pro control panel switches at console and bow

Hi all. I purchased a 2018 Nitro Z20 Pro last summer that was in immaculate condition- kept inside a climate controlled environment, motor had 80 hours, I don’t believe it had ever seen a day of fishing in the rain - until a couple of weekends ago when I fished a tournament where it rained 90% of the day and all the way home on the trailer (2 hour drive).

The issue: Both the dash and bow control panels have specific buttons that no longer work. The dash control panel has 4 buttons that do not work: Horn, Fan, Nav/Anchor lights, Dimmer. On the bow panel, the Bilge button works but the Trim up/down, Fan, and Nav/Anchor buttons do not. So the common buttons that do not work on both panels are Fan and Nav/Anchor.

What I’ve done so far: installed a new 6-pin control panel (made no difference), checked every fuse in the back (about 6 I believe) and under the dash but none were blown visually; checked the 20 and 42 amp breakers were not tripped, starter battery (new dual purpose interstate) shows 13+ volts.

Would water intrusion cause a ground fault that would last even after the boat has dried out?

I’m not great on electrical issues and would appreciate any advice or suggestions. I absolutely hate taking my boat in and leaving for weeks … worst time of the year too.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JP96ranger; 02-29-2024 at 09:10 AM.