Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    also extremely rare for someone that seriously over pays for something new and exciting to say "wish I hadn't done that"
    you know, like the people that bought the first VCR's
    Lol, we rented VCRs for years from the gas station that had a video rack....wonder if I could rent a few lithium's for the summer.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    also extremely rare for someone that seriously over pays for something new and exciting to say "wish I hadn't done that"
    you know, like the people that bought the first VCR's
    So you didn't feel any pain from your Beta Max purchase?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    If you are trying to run any of these new electronics with a regular 12v acid battery you are doing yourself a huge disservice. The differance is night and day with the performance and quality of the imagery. You should be using something like the X2 AGM battery or equivalent to push enough power to those units to maximize their capabilities, and those are $500. Then add a live imaging transducer to the mix and thats another complete deal breaker for an acid battery. There are plenty of advantages for lithium batteries and they are worth it for some people but I can't fathom whay someone would buy a cheap crappy acid battery unless you have no electronics.
    hahahahahaha… this post is awesome. When someone tries really hard to sound knowledgeable on said topic, but clearly has 0 understanding of said topic hahahahaha

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Really, where? Just the Amazon ones? $199-$209 is what I seen.
    I too would like to know where that $189 50ah lithium is...

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos81 View Post
    hahahahahaha… this post is awesome. When someone tries really hard to sound knowledgeable on said topic, but clearly has 0 understanding of said topic hahahahaha
    That post was simply ignorant. My gls 10 black box for livescope doesn't give a damn about what type of battery the 12 volts needed to power it come from. Wow is all you can say.
    Last edited by skeeterator; 03-22-2023 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I am just asking because I don't know it as fact but I thought the clarity is the clarity as long as proper voltage is the same. I thought that for lack of a better term that they are governed voltage wise?
    Exactly, he's talking out his ass. Plenty of factual info online right from Garmin. Operating voltage ranges for the various models of graphs but they don't care what type of battery supplies the voltage.

Screenshot_20230321-105557_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230321-101943_Samsung Internet.jpg

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    If you are trying to run any of these new electronics with a regular 12v acid battery you are doing yourself a huge disservice. The differance is night and day with the performance and quality of the imagery. You should be using something like the X2 AGM battery or equivalent to push enough power to those units to maximize their capabilities, and those are $500. Then add a live imaging transducer to the mix and thats another complete deal breaker for an acid battery. There are plenty of advantages for lithium batteries and they are worth it for some people but I can't fathom whay someone would buy a cheap crappy acid battery unless you have no electronics.
    Damn bud, you really stepped in it with this post. Read up on voltage and amp draw. Graphs don’t care where the voltage comes from, wet or lithium, 12v is 12v. The amperage draw on these graphs is relatively low as well, only up to 2.8, any quality wet cell can run multiple graphs for several hrs without throwing a low V alarm. I rig boats on the side for friends and there is zero noticeable difference of image quality from wet to lithium.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

8. Member
    He may have a point but I think you have to use special glasses:

47C0E442-E09D-463E-83F7-4553152ED975.jpeg
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFishforBeer View Post
    I too would like to know where that $189 50ah lithium is...
    https://www.amazon.com/LiFePO4-Batte...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

It looks like the weize went up $10. I remember seeing it for 189 when I bought my 100AH for my electronics a couple months ago. I almost bought them at that time for the troller but will try the 100ah first on the electronics to see how it does.

The 100AH is now $319 and it was 299 when I purchased it. looks like they went up $2 a AH.

10. Member
    Here is another brand for $169.00

https://www.amazon.com/LiFePO4-Batte...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Really, where? Just the Amazon ones? $199-$209 is what I seen.
    From their own website.

https://www.weizeus.com/collections/...cles-smart-bms

12. Member
    Just FYI on the Weize battery, there is no storefront there address goes back to a shipping dock. The listed phone number doesn't work and I have never received any return emails from them. I bought a 100ah from them via Amazon and right away had issues with it. They say you can get a refund but Amazon makes it a huge pain in the ass to get the refund. Now I have a have cooked lithium battery that I have to pay to dispose of.
    Last edited by Gsmith223; 03-22-2023 at 12:33 PM.

13. Member
    Before purchase, it might be a good idea to read the 8% negative reviews of the 100ah Weize lithium batteries: https://www.amazon.com/LiFePO4-Batte...p?ie=UTF8&th=1

Quote Originally Posted by browng View Post
    Before purchase, it might be a good idea to read the 8% negative reviews of the 100ah Weize lithium batteries: https://www.amazon.com/LiFePO4-Batte...p?ie=UTF8&th=1
    It’s been three days since you started this thread.

Have they come down enough in price for you to make a purchase?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos81 View Post
    Lol. I heard if you shove an extra volt or 2 in you’ll get some amazing images

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Is there a difference in frequencies between the lithium batteries and lead? Could that cause differences in how electronics perform?
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Squeeze in 4-5 and you can scramble nearby FFS.

19. Member
    188Musky: I was aware of the Amazon related lithiums before the post; have to admit, if I were to ever purchase, I'd want to do so through a BBC Boards supporter. No reason for them not to dramatically go down in price. It's obvious they have a huge profit margin on them. Perhaps this post may get them to rethink and reduce that profit margin? 8800 people have expressed an opinion in three days, and a lot of them seem to agree.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by browng View Post
    188Musky: I was aware of the Amazon related lithiums before the post; have to admit, if I were to ever purchase, I'd want to do so through a BBC Boards supporter. No reason for them not to dramatically go down in price. It's obvious they have a huge profit margin on them. Perhaps this post may get them to rethink and reduce that profit margin? 8800 people have expressed an opinion in three days, and a lot of them seem to agree.
    Only 279 posts in the thread, many of them from the same people. 8800 people have viewed the thread. Also, this thread (and all of BBC) is an echo chamber so it isn't surprising that most of the posters are in agreement. I would be surprised if we saw a sudden and dramatic reduction in pricing given the apparent popularity of lithium power at the moment.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast