Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    Sorry Mark, respectfully disagree again. I'd give him a C+.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    You guys both get A- for calling me out

Also Mark dont take it as a shot at you, you dont whine about guys that catch fish deep. I live on G bay...obviously im a smallmouth guy, but i bet you know my absolute favourite way to catch a bass, it usually involves taking the prop off my trolling motor to clean it after a day of fishing
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post

Also Mark dont take it as a shot at you, you dont whine about guys that catch fish deep. I live on G bay...obviously im a smallmouth guy, but i bet you know my absolute favourite way to catch a bass, it usually involves taking the prop off my trolling motor to clean it after a day of fishing

It's all good brother. I respect all opinions on it. I also love to see people fishinh and having success in general as well as in new ways. I applaud those that have mastered it.

4. Member

Ok, I changed my answer as you seem like a nice guy.
    B+

Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    Ok, I changed my answer as you seem like a nice guy.
    B+
    Not that it matters but I give everyone an A for their ability to poke fun at each other without getting mad

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    Not that it matters but I give everyone an A for their ability to poke fun at each other without getting mad
    the world needs a hell of a lot more of this…if you can’t laugh at yourself or realize that the world ain’t that serious after all then we are certainly doomed.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

the world needs a hell of a lot more of this…if you can’t laugh at yourself or realize that the world ain’t that serious after all then we are certainly doomed.

Well said.

8. Member
    NO NO NO a bbc thread can’t end on a positive like this

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    NO NO NO a bbc thread can’t end on a positive like this
    Ok. I’ll help. Has Randy B put out a video on this exact video? He will make sense of all this.

Better get used to FFS bring used in pro events.

https://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_art...al-with-Garmin

11. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    OK, I'll weigh in with my limited experience with FFS. One of my favorite things to do in the warmer months is catch spotted bass out of deeper water. I was doing just fine with just 2d sonar and dropping straight down and catching them if they were willing to bite what I offered them. I knew how to read the streaks on the graph. The end of last Summer I bought an LVS34 and 12" Echomap to the tune of over 4 grand. It immediately helped me start finding those deep water spots faster and helped me find stragglers and catch them when the bite was far from good. I just recently got the transducer dialed in right so I can see my lure further out and fish further out. All last Summer my buddy was consistently deep cranking big bags of fish thanks to his FFS and I should be able to start doing that this year. I'm talking bags that would have put him into the money in just about every tournament on the lake he was on. He's also a big crappie guy and FFS helped him out a ton.

I love catching them deep but also love beating the bank for the shallow bite even though they're usually way more scattered that way. I still use FFS while fishing shallow to find structure to mark for future fishing. Some call FFS "cheating or not fishing" but that's their opinion and that's OK. Plenty of tournaments are probably still being won without FFS all over the country. Some folks can flat out fish and it doesn't matter what boat they're in or what they have (or don't have) for electronics. One of the best fishermen I know will humble you out of an old rig with a couple cheap entry level graphs on it. He fishes where he thinks the fish are and does it his way with either lures that have been around forever or stuff he makes himself. This guy is my friend's dad.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

12. Member
    Very good points.
    It's funny how I always root for the few guys in my clubs who are those people who have limited electronics and lesser quality boats.
    That is if my tournament day on the lake is doing horrible.
    Last year it seemed like I was rooting for them a lot.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678