Thread: Tire prices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tire prices

I haven't had to purchase a set of tires in a while, luckily, but man are they expensive. I do understand EVERYTHING is high $$ but geez. Tires for my Honda Civic work car are $160 each!! I've ate donuts bigger than those tires are. 4 tires installed $745!!!

2. Member
    Bought a set of Michelin defenders for wife’s Honda CRV , and front alignment from Tire Discounters was $1300. It’s good piece of mind though.

3. Member
    I got 2 Hankooks for my Civic a month or two ago for $220 out the door. I got four tires for my Ram 1500 last summer for just under $1000. I probably could have gotten them cheaper somewhere else, but my truck was already at the mechanic for something else, so I paid for the convenience of having it done while it was there.

4. Member
    Stealerships sometime run buy 3 get 1 free. We just did it on some high dollar tires for the Mustang GT.
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

Prices won't be going down soon, either.....I mean ever!
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

6. Member
    All goes to the rising coost if inflation. This is what happens when Uncle Sam prints trillions out of thin air and pumps it into peoples pockets who are told to stay home from work.

7. Member
    Check out Hercules Tires---great tire at a good price.
    1989 184DC Champion
    1990 Johnson 150GT

8. Member
    Wait until you check out the prices of tuck tires
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

9. Member
    I'm wondering where the up sizing on tires will stop. The first PU's I had were 15's. Then it went to 16's, 17's, 18's and now 20's on my 19 model, all with an upcharge in the replacement price.

10. Member
    Back last November of '23 I purchased Continental Extreme Contact DWS 60 PLUS for our 2020 Toyota Camry. IIRC it was $1014 out the door. No alignment or anything else. GREAT tires that tell you if still good for Snow / Wet /Dry but very expensive IMHO.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...6PXL&tab=Sizes

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredmechanic View Post
    I'm wondering where the up sizing on tires will stop. The first PU's I had were 15's. Then it went to 16's, 17's, 18's and now 20's on my 19 model, all with an upcharge in the replacement price.
    It seems that all the professional bass fishermen have seriously upsized their tires...

12. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Discount tire wanted about $2200 to replace a set of ridge grapplers on my Ram 2500.
    saved $400 ordering from Amazon on my business account and paying to have them installed and balanced.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    It seems that all the professional bass fishermen have seriously upsized their tires...
    I'm a bass fisherman and I still don't see the need for the huge tires. I've towed race cars, travel trailers etc just fine with 15 inch tires. It just seems that every time I get a newer PU the tire size has changed. If I happened to have spare tires or wheels can't use them on the new PU.

14. Member
    daughters tesla tires worn out at 30k $500 each usually
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredmechanic View Post
    I'm a bass fisherman and I still don't see the need for the huge tires. I've towed race cars, travel trailers etc just fine with 15 inch tires. It just seems that every time I get a newer PU the tire size has changed. If I happened to have spare tires or wheels can't use them on the new PU.
    Yep absolutely no reason to have 20in tires on a half ton truck other than they look cool .
    1989 184DC Champion
    1990 Johnson 150GT

16. Member
    My kid works at discount tire. Tesla tires $500 apiece is no joke. Most of the time those tires don’t make 30k miles. He told me he has replaced them at 10k miles many times. Those teslas have a lot of torque and the tesla drivers with lead feet don’t get 30k on tires. Cracks me up

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    Yep absolutely no reason to have 20in tires on a half ton truck other than they look cool .

20" tires are not all that big and cone stock on sone trucks from the dealer. I like the 20" better personally.

18. DINK CATCHER
    It was almost $1200 for a set of middle of the road a/t tires for my Ram a couple years ago. That was for 17's also. Glad I don't have 20's on this truck. Four years before that a set of middle of the road tires cost between $700 and $800 for this truck.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO that's optioned to fit my wants and pulled by a little Ram.

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

19. Member
    Around 1600 a year ago for E range 18”

20. Expert at Retired Ranger Skipper's Avatar
    Just put new tires on my 18 1500 Denali that came stock with with 22" rims. A new set of replacement 22" tires was going to cost $1600. Decided I wanted more sidewall and a new look so I bought a set of aftermarket custom 20" rims. The 20" tires were less expensive so everything ended up costing around $1900. Sold the removed wheels and tires for $1200 so ended up with new rims and tires for $700. The big plus, the little bit of annoying vibration that I've had around 65mph and complained to the dealership about since taking deliver of the truck is gone. Just too much going on with those 22" rims and skinny sidewall tires to ever get a good balance on them I guess

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast