Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Member
    Same here, I'm 57 and hated cats my entire life. I live on a farm and have sent a lot of wild cats to kitty heaven. So when I lost the argument with my wife on getting a kitten....after 6 months the damn thing absolutely loves me, and I gotta admit if anybody hurts her I'm gonna whip their ass! The 1st morning we had her I was watching coyote hunting on YouTube and she started whippin the shit outa the yotes on my monitor......I decided she was mine. Got my new lab pup a week later and both dogs love the cat too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I'm not a cat person either, but our cat can get a laugh out of me every now and then... they can be really silly

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Are you a germaphobe by any chance? I've eaten so much dirt and misc. roughage in my life my stomach wouldn't know what to do without it.
    A little exposure to bacteria helps build some immunity. I grew up on a farm, and like you, my body wouldn't know what to do without it. My sister takes sanitizing way too far. I tell her she is going to have issues fighting off germs and bacteria when she gets older and weaker.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganadore View Post
    A little exposure to bacteria helps build some immunity. I grew up on a farm, and like you, my body wouldn't know what to do without it. My sister takes sanitizing way too far. I tell her she is going to have issues fighting off germs and bacteria when she gets older and weaker.
    I grew up on a farm in a house that was well over 100 years old. We kept our expectations realistic and realized some people deal more in superstition WRT germs than reality. The incidence of disease from casual environmental sources is extremely rare. When people get involved (like in a Chipotle restaurant and their employees not washing their hands after going to the bathroom), THEN you have to be careful. Something called "discernment" is the key.

5. Member
    When my ex-wife and I got divorced, I found myself constantly missing the feeling of being ignored and unwanted. So, I got a cat. All is well again.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MG77 View Post
    When my ex-wife and I got divorced, I found myself constantly missing the feeling of being ignored and unwanted. So, I got a cat. All is well again.
    Now that is funny right there, I don’t care who you are. Well played!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567