Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    Do you use all those on a bass boat, and how are they used. TY
    On my bass boat I run my 36v Ultrex with 3 100ah LiTime batteries. I also use 1 50ah Chins battery to run my Lowrance Live 12, black box, active target, and Helix 10.

On my 18ft CC, I run a 24v Riptide using 2 50ah Chins and my electronics are on the 50ah DJLBERMPW battery.

2. Fishing is a Passion
    Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    On my bass boat I run my 36v Ultrex with 3 100ah LiTime batteries. I also use 1 50ah Chins battery to run my Lowrance Live 12, black box, active target, and Helix 10.

On my 18ft CC, I run a 24v Riptide using 2 50ah Chins and my electronics are on the 50ah DJLBERMPW battery.
    Thanks for the clarification
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

a couple tournaments in and about 6 other day trips and my LiTimes are fantastic. full power all day long with zero dimishinishing. I could not be more happy. Tournament before the last one was in the river with heavy current all day that my trolling motor could barely make headway with in the morning. Still was able to make headway at the end of the day. My old lead acids would be struggling by the end of a tournament.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulebender View Post
    a couple tournaments in and about 6 other day trips and my LiTimes are fantastic. full power all day long with zero dimishinishing. I could not be more happy. Tournament before the last one was in the river with heavy current all day that my trolling motor could barely make headway with in the morning. Still was able to make headway at the end of the day. My old lead acids would be struggling by the end of a tournament.
    Do you keep your LiTime's on a battery charger 24/7? Wondering what they say about that.
    2003 Triton TR186
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP
    Garmin Graphs and LS
    MK Ultrex 24v 80lb
    Power Pole 8' Pro Series II Black
    2017 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain

Quote Originally Posted by 4weight View Post
    Do you keep your LiTime's on a battery charger 24/7? Wondering what they say about that.
    No reason you cannot with a modern charger that only sends what current is needed. When they are fully charged no current is sent.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rulebender View Post
    No reason you cannot with a modern charger that only sends what current is needed. When they are fully charged no current is sent.

From what I’ve read, most boat fires are caused by chargers going bad and shorting out. There is zero reason to leave lithiums on charger, they lose very little voltage while resting.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    From what I’ve read, most boat fires are caused by chargers going bad and shorting out. There is zero reason to leave lithiums on charger, they lose very little voltage while resting.
    Convenience is the reason.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    No option when you store boat at lake 1 1/2 hrs away.

9. Member
    No option when you store boat at lake 1 1/2 hrs away.
    Run the charger through a timer.

10. Member
    Hawking this thread. Ive got the slack out on pulling the trigger on this.

11. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    Hawking this thread. Ive got the slack out on pulling the trigger on this.
    Me too!! I'm digging into the mini's pretty hot right now for a dedicated electronics battery. Space is limited for that one. Trolling motor batteries are 4 year old lead acids from wally world so I am sure they are close as well. One of these batteries being discussed will get the nod for them as well.

12. Member
    I went with minis for my TM and Electronics. So far, so good. I had to fab up mounting points because they are smaller than even a group 24 but too big to have 2 fit in a group 31 tray. I picked my 100ah minis up for less than $180 a piece. 22# each and small footprint.

Installed 3 of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CYWHHWWD...roduct_details
    Lisuateli 100AH Mini form factor with bluetooth. Two for my 80# Ulterra and one for my two 10" graphs and Mega 360.
    All 3 fit in the space where my old trolling motor batteries were. Also upgraded to a Minnkota MK330PCL 3 bank/10 amp charger.
    I no longer have Humminbirds that shut off when I start my motor.
    Bluetooth works great after learning the ins and outs (don't try to connect to them with the app while I'm streaming music via bluetooth to my radio )
    They don't use traditional bluetooth connections like connecting to a speaker. You open the battery app and there you have the options to connect to any battery your phone sees.
    So far so good.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude520 View Post
    Me too!! I'm digging into the mini's pretty hot right now for a dedicated electronics battery. Space is limited for that one. Trolling motor batteries are 4 year old lead acids from wally world so I am sure they are close as well. One of these batteries being discussed will get the nod for them as well.
    I just picked up another LiTime 100ah mini and now I run 2 Lowrance 12 Lives, 2 Lowrance Elite 9s, AT transduce, Module, Minnkota bearing puck, and both livewells on it! So far so good!

More options and free shipping too... >>>> https://www.vmaxtanks.com/Lithium-_c_56.html

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

16. Fishing is a Passion
    Not really sure where to post this. Can someone explain to me the difference. This battery is Bluetooth and BMS

https://www.amazon.com/PUPVWMHB-Blue...s%2C153&sr=8-5
    Last edited by JohnnyO; 07-08-2024 at 08:03 PM.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    Not really sure where to post this. Can someone explain to me the difference. This battery is Bluetooth and BMS

https://www.amazon.com/PUPVWMHB-Blue...s%2C153&sr=8-5
    All lithium batteries have a bms, that has nothing to do with the bluetooth, some lithium batteries have Bluetooth so you can monitor the battery with your smartphone.

18. Member
    Anyone run 3 of the 50ah Litimes on a 36v ultrex? Was looking to go with duracel wet cell batteries since I don't fish 12+ hr days or tournaments anymore but at $150 each the litimes are looking good

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    Anyone run 3 of the 50ah Litimes on a 36v ultrex? Was looking to go with duracel wet cell batteries since I don't fish 12+ hr days or tournaments anymore but at $150 each the litimes are looking good
    In my opinion, for a 36v TM, 50ah will sufficient most days except for the long days, windiest days, or heavy current. I went with 100ah just because I know I will have plenty of days like that.

I don't have this brand but I have 3ea 50ah lithiums and have had the about a year. I am on my TM a lot as I love covering water as a power fisherman. My experience is that even on 22-14 days in the wind etc that the 50ah have been more than sufficient for my 20' boat. I can fish multiple days without recharging if need be and still have some battery life left.
    I initially thought and budgeted for 100ah batteries but the company I bought from directed me to the 50ah. Saved me some cash abd their recommendation was perfect.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast