Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    I've done it before- doesn't need to be just tournament fishing either. I think it is getting ridiculous for people to throw out shaded words like "whining", moaning, "tucking tail" etc. when someone STANDS UP FOR THEMSELF! What sort of a twisted philosophy has crept into our sport when men expect other men to roll over on their back like a $20 prostitute? We/the pros as well, have to police ourselves on the rules of courtesy the water, and this is what it looks like-there are lots of ways to do it. Saying someone is "whining" or "butt hurt" has gotten extremely thread-worn and cliche. I honestly think people race to the comments JUST to be the first one to use those words/accusations though.
    Great post! Everyone thinks you can just pull in and fish on top of or next to people these days and the bad guy is the one who was there first and doesn’t want to share water. The Pussification of our society and this new generation in full display. There used to be so much more respect on the water.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Jordan came out with those hats the say find ypur own fish and some other saying along those lines while he was fishing BPT. Just stirring it up, i dont think he made those to dig at MLF competitors, but if you ever watched the early days of the cups and selects the bent pole pattern was very strong
    Boyd was the bent pole pattern king!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Boyd was the bent pole pattern king!
    Hindsight, Kevin Langill may have been discarded to the psych ward prematurely.

4. Member
    lllll

5. Member
    No, he hasn't spotted his fish before catching them... way too thick for that.

6. Member
    No way Steve, way too thick for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It's been a welcome change to start seeing guys get called out for being hole buzzards as it's actually happening. Too many think it's perfectly OK to fish the bent pole pattern and run around till they find the leaders then start fishing in their area.
    Why not?

It's not like those pros don't spend their practice days driving around looking at what the locals are doing.

8. Member
    Unfortunate to see how other anglers in the field have moved in on Coulter and Lee's pattern this morning. What ever happened to catching them your way?

Quote Originally Posted by yadkincustomlures View Post
    Unfortunate to see how other anglers in the field have moved in on Coulter and Lee's pattern this morning. What ever happened to catching them your way?

It's pretty sad to see. I'm sure some will celebrate that though and call it fishing to win. It's really not. It's really just riding someone else's coat tails.

10. Member
    I think Coulter even said yesterday, and I am paraphrasing, "yea me and Jordan been in here all week, we havent had any issues with each other at all, its all good, now the rest of them......."

11. Member
    It's pretty sad to see. I'm sure some will celebrate that though and call it fishing to win. It's really not. It's really just riding someone else's coat tails.
    Are they fishing from BPT boats in practice too or just competition days? They should have a tracking device/GPS where they fished.
    Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyA View Post
    Are they fishing from BPT boats in practice too or just competition days? They should have a tracking device/GPS where they fished.

Or just not be hole buzzards.

13. Member
    Or just not be hole buzzards.
    I understand that but trail of evidence.
    Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Woody b View Post
    I'm not saying who's right or wrong. I also don't know the ages of the people involved.

Many times it's a generational thing. Ask people at the landing what the definition of "community hole" is. Most of the time older people will say it's an area where multiple species of fish gather. Most of the time younger people say it's an area where everyone fishes.

If you fish pressured water sooner or later someone is going to cut you off.
    I'm 53 and my dad is 78 and we both consider a "community hole" a place where everybody fishes.

Quote Originally Posted by toledobasser View Post
    I'm 53 and my dad is 78 and we both consider a "community hole" a place where everybody fishes.
    Fishing a community hole and coming in and fishing an area the tournament leaders are fishing in that you haven't touched, been to or had plans to go to until you saw them there during the event is totally different though.

Salt water guys call it “pot licking” as in “here comes a pot licker”.

I’ve always liked that description.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toledobasser View Post
    Same here. I never heard of it describing a multi-species spot. The community part is "people" not a community of different species of fish.

A while back I heard a discussion from a fisherman describing another pro coming in on them. When asked who it was, he said "I'm not going to say what his name is, but it rhymes with "Huckleberry"". I thought that was a great way to describe someone for people who know who the players are in the mix.

18. Member
    So I guess the minute the leaders started catching them on a frog then everyone else should've left their frog rods at the house. And if the spot you start on is unproductive that's just to bad. You're stuck there.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianKF View Post
    So I guess the minute the leaders started catching them on a frog then everyone else should've left their frog rods at the house. And if the spot you start on is unproductive that's just to bad. You're stuck there.
    I don't think one single person has stated anything close to that at all. You just don't run up to the leaders spot and start fishing the water they are fishing especially while they are fishing it. Its not terribly hard to understand. Its respect and courtesy.

Bent Pole Pattern on mind altering drugs.
    I don't think one single person has stated anything close to that at all. You just don't run up to the leaders spot and start fishing the water they are fishing especially while they are fishing it. Its not terribly hard to understand. Its respect and courtesy.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast