View Poll Results: LH or RH reel, which do you use?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • LH

3 27.27%
  • RH

8 72.73%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    LH for spinning
    LH for flipping/pitching and topwater walking baits
    RH for crank and moving baits

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
    I’m left handed. Every reel I fish is Left handed. My boys are both right handed but they are learning on my reels so they will fish lefty for life I’m guessing. Comes down to how we started - probably pretty tough to break your habit once you establish your style early on. Anyone make a mid-life switch?
    Yeppers, it took me about 6-7 tries with different LH reels going all the way back to circa 2005, but this past year I finally became comfortable enough. Now I own about half and half RH and LH baitcasters. And I made the adaptation at 53 years old.

3. Member
    Because I cast right handed, I bought my first two left hand retrieve baitcasters in '78-79. To me, it was only a matter of common sense. Never understood the rational in switching hands after casting. The only baseball pitcher I've ever seen throw and catch with the same hand, only had one! I believe it began by fishermen just following the herd, instead of doing a little research to find out what was available at the time.

Back in the early seventies, I used RH bait casters, and LH spinning. That's all you could get back then. When the market began manufacturing LH bait casters, I switched. It felt more natural to me to wind with my left hand. My strength was in my right hand and arm. With the heavy and stiff rods and reels back then, it made sense to leverage the weight with my right hand and arm. Fished that way ever sense. Seems awkward to reel with my right hand.
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Mercury Pro XS 200
    Lowrance, HDS Live, BBT mounts, Ghost, AT1, Power Poles, Charge

5. Member
    left hand spinning right hand casting

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234