Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Sunshine is good for you. Soak it up. vitamin D. Get a tan.
    And skin cancer
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

2. Member
    The hooded Aftco Samurai is by far my favorite.
    Last edited by Dave75; 05-27-2024 at 05:58 AM.

3. Member
    Get one with a hood.

4. Member
    These, they are on sale right now.
    https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/1383862...ag&iid=2214571
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

5. Member
    I remember very well back a several years ago, no way in hell I’ll wear them goofy looking hooded shirts… fast forward to a fee years ago, living on the water (wide open water a few short miles from the gulf at that) and fishing almost 7 days a week, I don’t go out without wearing one of them goofy looking hooded shirts.. I hate sunscreen and refuse to wear it… sunburn sucks… I have at least probably 30 of them.. and probably 30 different neck buffs… I even started wearing the sun protection pants as well….

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I get these off of Amazon use them kayaking and fishing like the fact that the face covering is outside the hood so holds it in place and doesn't billow in the wind.

https://www.amazon.com/BALEAF-Sleeve...zcF9hdGY&psc=1

These from NRS are good quality as well just more spendy and the neck gaiter is inside the hood.

https://www.nrs.com/nrs-mens-silkwei...al-hoodie/pkfr

7. Scraps
    Try Academy for the Magellan stuff. Of all the choices have heard guys like Magellan over others. They’ve got some deals right now.

As said, I’ve started to like the hooded shirts.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Member
    This is the best I have ever worn in the hot sun. It feels silky cool on you. I have it in white long sleeve and a light gray in short sleeve which was my original purchase at the Orlando Boat show in 2023. The boat show was later this year so I ordered online over the phone to the owner of the company. Small company, just him and his wife. GREAT customer service.
    https://rockingreeling.com/new-collections/

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    I remember very well back a several years ago, no way in hell I’ll wear them goofy looking hooded shirts… fast forward to a fee years ago, living on the water (wide open water a few short miles from the gulf at that) and fishing almost 7 days a week, I don’t go out without wearing one of them goofy looking hooded shirts.. I hate sunscreen and refuse to wear it… sunburn sucks… I have at least probably 30 of them.. and probably 30 different neck buffs… I even started wearing the sun protection pants as well….
    They do look goofy to me and I wonder why guys wear them vs a broad sun hat??? Is it that they are not affected by wind??
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

10. Member
    I have always worn Columbia & Magellan, Aftco had a sale starting last Monday, so I grabbed 2 of them and some shorts WOWWWW no lie man, found out about the "you get what you pay for" saying! The material, the way it feels, the way it fits, everything is better, highly reccomend, especially on sale.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    They do look goofy to me and I wonder why guys wear them vs a broad sun hat??? Is it that they are not affected by wind??
    Yep wind is one good reason I prefer them over a broad brim sun hat and the hat seems to get in the way. They are comfortable to wear a cap with plus think it gives me more overall protection from the sun plus you have the shirt, hood and face protection all in one item of clothing.

I don't have the fatigued feeling after a long day in the sun staying covered up then every year when I have my skin checks and there are no signs of Skin Cancer sure don't mind looking Goofy.

Have never cared for Sunblock when you sweat if burns your eyes and have have to keep reapplying it. I'll splash some water on the hoodie so the breeze will provide more cooling

12. Member
    Thanks!

i will have to try one to see if I like it. Neutragena clear face sunscreen, hats, glasses and traditional shirts work well for me but the broad rim hat I wear gets old when the wind gets above 12mph
    2024 Phoenix 818

13. Member
    Thanks!

i will have to try one to see if I like it. Neutragena clear face sunscreen, hats, glasses and traditional shirts work well for me but the broad rim hat I wear gets old when the wind gets above 12mph
    Don't forget the top of your hands. I find these VERY helpful in keeping the sun off and they are a bit tacky so I no longer throw rods into the water........lol.......but true.

https://www.amazon.com/Fish-Monkey-G...e=1&th=1&psc=1

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Don't forget the top of your hands. I find these VERY helpful in keeping the sun off and they are a bit tacky so I no longer throw rods into the water........lol.......but true.

https://www.amazon.com/Fish-Monkey-G...e=1&th=1&psc=1

awesome! This is where I'm vulnerable. I do not like sunscreen on the palms of my hands. Hard to get it on the backs but not the palms. I ordered the medium to ensure they were on the small side. I also notice after a week on the water my hands are beat up and hurts. Does it help with that?
    2024 Phoenix 818

15. Member
    I just read an article that says the whole uv protection on shirts in BS. If you wear a 100% cotton shirt it will give the needed uv protection . Personally , if a shirt doesn't have at least 20% cotton I will not buy it.

16. Member
    awesome! This is where I'm vulnerable. I do not like sunscreen on the palms of my hands. Hard to get it on the backs but not the palms. I ordered the medium to ensure they were on the small side. I also notice after a week on the water my hands are beat up and hurts. Does it help with that?
    I believe for me it does. I'm pushing 70 and my skin on my hands are very thin. I have a bad case of arthritis in both hands but mostly in the right hand and I like the feel of the gloves and as I have said it has eliminated me throwing my rod into the water. It also keeps the sun off the top of my hands.

17. Member
    I think the best thing about a hood is that because of the wind, your boat is usually pointed into the wind, and the hood then serves as a wind tunnel. It catches air and directs it into the shirt and down your body. It’s like a mini AC blowing on you all the time.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

18. Member
    Would you consider a short sleeve? This is what real men wear! Nothing beats these for comfort and style!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32611037295...YHX335H9A30B89

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22605739843...3ABFBMmMX0rvdj

19. Member
    Simms has the best on IMO. I have Huk, Under Armour, and Columbia. I like the Simms best.

20. Member
    I've had a few different brands and the best one is the Columbia PFG Terminal Tackle Long Sleeve T-shirt in white, cool, dries quickly, very comfortable and its now on sale at BPS. After washing, I hang to dry.
    Last edited by FrancoCialone; 05-27-2024 at 02:07 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast