Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutspinner View Post
    So if he were legal, let’s say of age and a licensed motorcycle driver, wearing a helmet, not breaking laws but yet, a Harley with a loud exhaust note, but legal. Would you still complain?
    if there was a guy with a Harley and loud exhaust purposely revving the engine as loud as possible knowing it bothers others (and let’s face it, they do know), he’s just as self centered and attention seeking as the people blasting loud music or the kid racing up and down the street. All they care about is themselves with complete disregard for anyone but themselves.

there’s a fine line between expecting folks to mind their own business, and making it everyone else’s business by thinking you can do whatever you want with no consideration to others. The kind your business is a cop out. It’s not that hard to be a decent person and think about how your actions affect others around you. Just typical in the world we live in today where people only care about themselves

the OP did nothing wrong, and sounds like another call to the cops is in order.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 05-25-2024 at 10:30 AM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

2. Member
    You are in the right, stop that crap, call police.
    520 L TDY

Since you sent a letter anonymously I take it that you don't want them to know that you sent it, correct? On the other hand if you call the cops, won't they come to your house to respond to your call? Your neighbors will know for sure who sent it then. You are to the point now that they need to know it's you who has the problem with the situation.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    I live in Atlanta. I'm not interested in getting into a confrontation. It has nothing to do with the size of my genitalia. (how old are you?) Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor.
    That's why I wouldn't have sent the letter, assuming they now know who called the cops.and where you live. People are crazy today, not like the old days when neighbors could talk. Call the cops and do it every time here rides. Eventually the cops will charge and ticket the parents.

I've had two issues with a neighbor while walking the dogs, teoc following me in his car and once almost trying to run us over. Cops didn't do anything. Next time I'll have to stand my ground. He gets no warning of my future plans as he may escalate it more and cause injury to me, my dogs or property.

5. Member
    Nope. He wouldn't be breaking any laws.
    I find that hard to believe but why the post, you have one solution, call the cops….again.

6. Member
    What you view as being afraid of confrontation, I view as maturity. I am fully aware of how ones life would change if he ended up killing someone for the stupidest of reasons, so I try to avoid situations like that. Maybe one day you will understand it when you grow up.
    Last edited by Tone357; 05-25-2024 at 10:57 AM.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    FWIW, I have the exact situation in my development though the kids do wear helmets and do not do wheelies but it’s still illegal. The only thing that ever comes to my mind is that at least they’re not inside playing video games.

FWIW, I have the exact situation in my development though the kids do wear helmets and do not do wheelies but it’s still illegal. The only thing that ever comes to my mind is that at least they’re not inside playing video games.
    Is it OK for kids to do illegal stuff?

9. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Just call the cops every time you see him.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

What you view as being afraid of confrontation, I view as maturity. I am fully aware of how ones life would change if he ended up killing someone for the stupidest of reasons, so I try to avoid situations like that. Maybe one day you will understand it when you grow up.
    You think it’s immature to go have a talk with the parents face to face?

11. Member
    So if he were legal, let’s say of age and a licensed motorcycle driver, wearing a helmet, not breaking laws but yet, a Harley with a loud exhaust note, but legal. Would you still complain?
    Most of the loud Harley pipes aren’t legal either

12. Member
    that is whats wrong with half of the kids nodays they think the laws are for the other folks parenting has gone way south now some of the parents are scared of thier kids that is no good.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    You think it’s immature to go have a talk with the parents face to face?
    I'm pretty sure I never said that.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

14. Member
    Hmm. I was always taught that it’s mature to talk out your problems face to face.

15. Member
    Quasi-illegal.

16. Expert at Retired Ranger Skipper's Avatar
    Not to derail but as another poster mentioned, this stuff happens every where. In our hood we are across the street from a city lake. All of the houses surrounding the lake have boat docks lots of toys and they all have those fancy golf carts dean mentioned. Thats okay, but the number of young kids (very young kids) driving those carts with three or four friends and no adult around the perimeter roads has exploded the past few years. Again, I don't mind but someone is going to get hurt. On holiday weekends such as this one there is a lot of guest traffic and parking in the streets and from what I've observed over the years is that many of them shouldn't be driving home at the end of their party day.

The wife and I were having coffee in the drive this morning and this 8-10 yo girl comes hauling ass down the street on a four seater cart. We watched her go a good half block without her even looking up from her phone. We've watched the kids on carts and mini bikes driving side by side yelling back and forth at each other and never looking down the street for potential hazards. They are just too young and distracted and it scares me that the parents of these very young kids allow them such dangerous freedom without supervision.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    It doesn't matter what you do now. If they retaliate, they know who to retaliate against.
    Unless he put a name or address on that letter. How would they know who sent it?

18. Member
    Also concerning those load pipes. Wouldn’t disturbing the peace b illegal?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Also concerning those load pipes. Wouldn’t disturbing the peace b illegal?
    Any pipes louder than 80 decibels is illegal. But not enforced

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Any pipes louder than 80 decibels is illegal. But not enforced
    Sometimes when a Harley with those real loud pipes passes me. It scares the Bee geezees out of me.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast