Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I had both running at the same time for a season to do my own testing. As it progressed I used 360 less and less

Ended up pulling off the 360 cause I looked at the perspective 90% of the time.

360 show prettier picture of the cover out front of you, but perspective showed the cover as well, but I could also see what part had fish moving around it.

When I added a 2nd livescope and ran forward & perspective together it was the best setup.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution Sonar View Post
    I had Mege360 for six months with a Solix 15. Now both are gone from my boat if that tells you anything. I now call the LVS62 in perspective the '360 killer.'

For me, the combination of LVS34 with LVS62 OR Activetarget 2 with LVS62 represents the state of the art. The only way to improve on this is to run double 34s/double ActiveTarget 2s in forward mode, offset 20 or 18 deg with a LVS62 in perspective.

And no surprise, I'm a BIG proponent in using a state of the art sonar aiming system bring it all together.

Paul Bird
    www.revolutionsonar.com
    Are you receiving payment from Garmin? You may have sold me.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I ran the 34 in perspective this weekend - it was pretty impressive, much nicer than AT/AT2. I think I still need to tweak the settings a bit, it wasn't as nice a pic as Cory's at SJR, but still. I can see the benefit of a Forward and Perspective setup, but not sure i want to give up the 360 to do it. The 360 shows structure much, much more clearly. The LVS34 in Perspective Mode is finicky about depth though, ie if you get it dialed in for 5-6 ft or so, then move into 10ft, it appears to lose the portion of the bottom closer to the boat.

I can barely run the 360 in the water with the 34 in perspective mode on a Fish Obsessed Mount - stepping off the boat the pins come out of the water and the 360 stops... it's that close. Obviously probably not the specified 6". Going to look at the mounts again and see if I can eek some more room out of it.
    Adjusted the mount some, was able to lower both the FO mount for LVS and also drop the 360 down a bit more a couple more inches, getting it into the water better.

Also, really like VX Premium Map... so much so I might consider putting a Helix at the console just for the mapping :).
    So in the "here's your sign" dept... Got to looking at my 360/LVS34 install again, and realized I made a mistake. For Garmin guys, this is probably automatic, but coming from AT2 I actually setup my mount to flip the transducer "UP" for Perspective Mode (like you would for an AT transducer, as that's just what I was used to doing). I've realized my mistake, and have reset the mount so that I am flipping the transducer "DOWN" for Perspective mode, which of course allows much more room above it for the 360, so was able to move the 360 down even more

Since I really hadn't run Perspective before last weekend, I guess it never dawned on me. But, when I did run it "upside down" last weekend, it worked pretty dang well. I guess Garmin has some sensor for dumb people lol.

TLDR - pay the f#ck attention to what you are doing

4. Member
    I have had both since scope came out virtually.

I use the perspective to see where fish activity is around me. Works great.

So in the "here's your sign" dept... Got to looking at my 360/LVS34 install again, and realized I made a mistake. For Garmin guys, this is probably automatic, but coming from AT2 I actually setup my mount to flip the transducer "UP" for Perspective Mode (like you would for an AT transducer, as that's just what I was used to doing). I've realized my mistake, and have reset the mount so that I am flipping the transducer "DOWN" for Perspective mode, which of course allows much more room above it for the 360, so was able to move the 360 down even more

Since I really hadn't run Perspective before last weekend, I guess it never dawned on me. But, when I did run it "upside down" last weekend, it worked pretty dang well. I guess Garmin has some sensor for dumb people lol.

TLDR - pay the f#ck attention to what you are doing
    Well, maybe not. Got on the water earlier this week, and my perspective view was backwarks, ie flipped left/right. I thought I read on here somewhere that the LVS-34 was auto-sensing, ie it using the compass in some way to determine it's orientation, but maybe it only works if you do the calibration, which I haven't done.

Anyway, there is a option in settings to flip the view, so I did that and everythings groovy again.

I'm setup with transducer on FO mount, on starboard side of TM shaft (due to TM stowing prop in as well as 360), cable to the rear and am flipping "down" for perspective mode. From the instructions and several YT videos that seems like the correct way, so I am not sure why I needed to flip the view in setttings, though...

like this, but on FO mount...

6. Member
    ^^^not sure why you’d need to flip, mines like that and works like it’s supposed to. Definitely harder to use perspective and throw to the fish, at least I struggle with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    ^^^not sure why you’d need to flip, mines like that and works like it’s supposed to. Definitely harder to use perspective and throw to the fish, at least I struggle with it.
    Yeah I not sure why either, I thought it was auto sensing like I said. next time out I'll flip it back off and see if it sorts itself out. As mentioned in earlier post the last time out I was going back and forth from Forward to Perspecitve quite a bit and got annoyed with manually changing the orientation in settings (I mean, why did Garmin make it what 5 or 6 clicks deep in settings...WTF) so I just put it on auto for the rest of the day - so maybe it just got confused when I took it out of auto this time out. just a wild guess though.

I agree, I also struggle throwing to fish or spots in P mode. I can't see the bait hit or the retrieve like I can in foward - I guess I need to play around with seeings a bit more for Perspective mode. I'm mainly using it searching for fish on beds shallow - which it does very well. Otherwise I really don't use Perspective that much, typically running Foward along with M360.

Yeah I not sure why either, I thought it was auto sensing like I said. next time out I'll flip it back off and see if it sorts itself out. As mentioned in earlier post the last time out I was going back and forth from Forward to Perspecitve quite a bit and got annoyed with manually changing the orientation in settings (I mean, why did Garmin make it what 5 or 6 clicks deep in settings...WTF) so I just put it on auto for the rest of the day - so maybe it just got confused when I took it out of auto this time out. just a wild guess though.

I agree, I also struggle throwing to fish or spots in P mode. I can't see the bait hit or the retrieve like I can in foward - I guess I need to play around with seeings a bit more for Perspective mode. I'm mainly using it searching for fish on beds shallow - which it does very well. Otherwise I really don't use Perspective that much, typically running Foward along with M360.
    So today, I flipped the setting back to normal, and it worked as expected. I can only guess as mentioned above something got confused the last time out when I was flipping back n forth between modes. Or maybe it was those solar flares ;).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123