Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    If I were to get an ultrex quest and somehow have an issue, Will a fortrex fit on the ultrex quest mount?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamp View Post
    If I were to get an ultrex quest and somehow have an issue, Will a fortrex fit on the ultrex quest mount?
    Fortrex will not fit on a Quest mount. The Mount and the steering unit are totally different.

3. Member
    Will the older Ultrex install on the Ultrex Quest mount so it can be used as a backup?
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    Will the older Ultrex install on the Ultrex Quest mount so it can be used as a backup?
    No sir - I believe the new mount is wider and has two allen head bolts where it attaches vs one on my old Ultrex

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    No sir - I believe the new mount is wider and has two allen head bolts where it attaches vs one on my old Ultrex

6. Member
    I have the 52" ultrex on my 2021 fxr skeeter , question 1. Buying one down the road the 52" quest ultrex, and I do know the mount has to be changed so I take the mount off the boat from my ultrex and installing the new mount all's is needed to enlarge the holes and screw her down in the same ones ??? will be good also I have the on off switch extra in case mine went is the ultrex on/off the same and can be used on the quest.

7. Member
    Switches ar the same, yes on making hole larger, check the install manual and it will guide you through the whole thing. Read my Replay in the other post also.

8. Member
    Bradrodfish looking for a little more help again , I have fxr20L 2021 Question is I do believe that wiring for my trolling motor is 8 gauge and the species on my boat says that it's 20 ft 4 inches from nose to stern so adding a quest recommends using 6 gauge for 20 ft , which I will change if needed so it might come up a little more length or be close thinking 9 1/2 ft which minnkota says if 25 ft use 4 gauge being that close do I stick with 6 or have to go to 4 thanks

9. Member
    To be on the safe side I would go with four gauge

My new Ulterra Quest 36v is now installed. It's huge on my bow but works great. I'm anxious to get on the water and see if that heavy weight on bow will impact performance, hole shot, and ride.

One problem I've already encountered is my bow light is 15" above the deck and the height of the area between the red lines in the image and my quick release bracket is 15". I guess I won't be legal until I get that bow light higher than the body of the Ulterra.

I found one 20" bow light on line from T-H Marine. I'll call Monday morning to make sure it's really that high and in stock. https://thmarinesupplies.com/product...tion-bow-mount

I'd like to go with deck mounts on the sides, but I read they have to be mounted above the rub rail on my boat but there's not enough room.

Any other ideas on what I might do?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    My new Ulterra Quest 36v is now installed. It's huge on my bow but works great. I'm anxious to get on the water and see if that heavy weight on bow will impact performance, hole shot, and ride.

One problem I've already encountered is my bow light is 15" above the deck and the height of the area between the red lines in the image and my quick release bracket is 15". I guess I won't be legal until I get that bow light higher than the body of the Ulterra.

I found one 20" bow light on line from T-H Marine. I'll call Monday morning to make sure it's really that high and in stock. https://thmarinesupplies.com/product...tion-bow-mount

I'd like to go with deck mounts on the sides, but I read they have to be mounted above the rub rail on my boat but there's not enough room.

Any other ideas on what I might do?
    I would do as you stated at first. Get the longer light.

12. Member
    I have posted this ? on another post and had no answers so I thought I would post it here.

As I understand, the Quest can tell if it is 24 or 36 volt, so if I loose a battery on the 36 volt set up can I take one battery out and make it 24 volt. Especially on the Instinct for the stow feature. It could probably save the fishing trip if the BMS won't wake up or battery failure on any type battery system.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stosiak View Post
    I have posted this ? on another post and had no answers so I thought I would post it here.

As I understand, the Quest can tell if it is 24 or 36 volt, so if I loose a battery on the 36 volt set up can I take one battery out and make it 24 volt. Especially on the Instinct for the stow feature. It could probably save the fishing trip if the BMS won't wake up or battery failure on any type battery system.
    Yes you can swap to 24 volts by removing the bad battery. The info you seek for sure is in the manual. It is available on Minn Kota website.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Yes you can swap to 24 volts by removing the bad battery. The info you seek for sure is in the manual. It is available on Minn Kota website.
    Thanks I'll check it out

Is it possible to adjust the tension on the Ulterra Quest foot pedal?
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    Is it possible to adjust the tension on the Ulterra Quest foot pedal?
    No there is no adjustments, but you may be able to replace the springs on the foot pedal with some from the hardware store.

17. Member

Ultrex quest lift assist

Anyone know the power of the ultrex quest lift assist gas spring ? My 115/52 came with a 1090N

I just installed the Riptide Instinct Quest. Waiting for a break in the weather, mostly the wind to settle down.
    Replaced my Riptide Terrova. Quest is a lot heavier. Had to get a different Quick Release Mount from the Terrova.
    Looking forward to setting it up and seeing how it preforms in the heavy currents I fish.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    I just installed the Riptide Instinct Quest. Waiting for a break in the weather, mostly the wind to settle down.
    Replaced my Riptide Terrova. Quest is a lot heavier. Had to get a different Quick Release Mount from the Terrova.
    Looking forward to setting it up and seeing how it preforms in the heavy currents I fish.
    Tested it today. Fob, Foot Pedal, or Iphone, it was SWEET!
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tefred324 View Post
    Anyone know the power of the ultrex quest lift assist gas spring ? My 115/52 came with a 1090N
    I wish I could help, but there is no specs on the gas spring. You might want to measure it and then do a search on google.
    There are springs that are heavier duty in case you want to add hardware to the Quest.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast