Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Reducing weight in the rear is not a good thing, it's not uncommon to loose 2-3 MPH because of that.
    To some the loss of a couple mph is far outweighed by the benefits of lithium. Longer run time, improved holeshot, shallower draft, faster charging time, etc. The lakes I fish the most it is hard to get to top end speed anyway.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    To some the loss of a couple mph is far outweighed by the benefits of lithium. Longer run time, improved holeshot, shallower draft, faster charging time, etc. The lakes I fish the most it is hard to get to top end speed anyway.
    I have never had any of those problems with lead acid batteries, wouldn't benefit me at all to go lithium.

3. Member
    I think if your hard core tournament angler lithium’s might make sense but lead acid will get the job done as always.
    I’ve never fished long enough to completely exhaust my wet cells on my 24 volt troller.
    Bought a boat in late 2017 still running green top interstate wet cells that came with boat.

4. Member
    I just had to change mine out. I had WalMart Everstart deep cycle marine. I had the receipts because I photo such things and keep in a folder on my phone if I need a receipt someday for some warranty issue.

My WalMart batteries lasted 4.5 years and my batteries are abused to some degree. For the price, you cannot beat that in my opinion. They are not expensive and last a long time. I just went back to WalMart and replaced them with the same battery.

I find it funny that people talk about a few pounds of weight in a bassboat and have a locker full of Senkos and worm weights that never see sunlight.....and some worry about 2 MPH... LOL... Who cares about 2 MPH... That does not catch fish.

I own 2 bassboats and have Sams AGM batteries in the other boat and they have also been good batteries.
    Last edited by FloridaFlyer; 04-03-2024 at 09:27 AM.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

5. Member
    Reducing weight in the rear is not a good thing, it's not uncommon to loose 2-3 MPH because of that.
    My boat did not.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    My boat did not.
    Yeah and you also think the Tour Pro is the best trolling motor ever.

7. Member
    Yeah and you also think the Tour Pro is the best trolling motor ever.
    Well, it seems like you're wrong about everything so there's that. You know it's fringe benefits, right? And it's not the leaning tower of pizza!
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

8. Member
    I have been running Rural King Deep Cycle 31's for the past two seasons and they have been holding up great. Just fished a derby last weekend and stayed on a windblown bank (18 to 20 sustained, 35 gusts) for 3 hours and they were strong all day. Best part is they are only 99 dollars each!

9. Member
    50ah Epoch lithiums are priced right and are a top tier lithium.

10. Member
    I bought my dad a 50 amp Battle Born (they were about the only one at the time) in probably 2016 or so for his little Coleman Crawdad. They were $549 I think at the time and I think the charger may have come with it. My brother and I split the cost. Dad couldn't carry a lead acid anymore and he had to bring it back up to his trailer because there's no power down by the lake. Anyway that battery is 8 years old and still gives him just as much juice on his 55lb Minn Kota as it did when we got it, he'd be out 5-6 hours at a time no problem and this is a TM only lake. You can find 50 amps much cheaper nowadays obviously, some under $200. I use Ionics now personally ($342 from Drew currently for a 50) in both my boats and couldn't be happier.

11. Member
    Duracell at sams or 29 series at walmart. Keep full of water and charge and will last a long time
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

12. Member
    IMO, wet cells are fantastic for some..and hopeless for others. Entirely dependent on the bodies of water you fish and how you fish them. I learned a few years back that wet cells and great lakes dont mix. Nothing like a battery compartment full of battery acid. Id be wondering why my hands were on fire every time i was working on the boat before i realized what was going on. Battery straps and trays disintegrating etc. Unfortunately been somewhat disappointed in my deka AGM's this time around. Although I abuse them, specifically my electronics battery...its leaving a bit to be desired. Most certainly will be moving to Lithium the next go round. I hope to get through at minimum this year with my current batteries. We shall see.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

13. Member
    It seems you local environment also makes a difference in your batteries longevity.

14. Member
    Everstart group 29 at Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Everstart group 29 at Walmart
    Had these on my prior boat. They weren't enough to hold spot lock on windy days. Had to step up to Duracell 31M AGM's.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTR21 View Post
    Batteries Plus Duracell batteries. These are wet cell and come in several sizes. Around $139 or so and I've had very good luck with these.

That is what I run as well. I also like they run a load test on them before you walk out the door with them.
    2003 Triton TR186
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP
    Garmin Graphs and LS
    MK Ultrex 24v 80lb
    Power Pole 8' Pro Series II Black
    2017 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain

17. Member
    I love my Size 31 Deka AGM's. They are on year 4 for me. I hope they last a few more years, then I will probably consider Lithium. I would also have no fear going back to these AGM's though.

18. Member
    just put 2 12v/100ah weize lithiums in mine.fished 2 10 hour days in 20 -30 mph winds. down to 70 %. payed 200 per battery. they weigh 50 lbs less than the ever start max. cut 100 pounds out.look around amazon you might decide to try a lithium.
    ums

19. Member
    Only seemed to get 2 years out of the Everstarts on any boat I owned. The VMAX AGM's on Amazon are built like tanks and they are what I have at the moment. Going to LiTime lithiums as they crap out.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Only seemed to get 2 years out of the Everstarts on any boat I owned. The VMAX AGM's on Amazon are built like tanks and they are what I have at the moment. Going to LiTime lithiums as they crap out.
    You must be doing something wrong then because all of my Everstarts easily last double that. I have one now thats starting to get weak and it is from 2018.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast