Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I’ve been a salesman since fresh outta college……36 years now. Never once felt like people hated salesmen. I guess it all depends on what you’re selling. Cars, yes, I can see that. Door to door, too.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

2. Member
    A no trespass sign on the ranch gate keeps them well away from my house, but I still get spam calls……

3. Member
    Just send them an anonymous letter asking them to no longer visit your house.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

4. DINK CATCHER
    My two dogs on the couch barking at them through the big window usually sends the message. Telling them one of them bites will really drive the NO home. One of them really does bite strangers and she's casual about it so have to be careful with her.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO that's optioned to fit my wants and pulled by a little Ram.

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

5. Member
    Phone telemarketers , if they are lucky, get a no thank you and then I hang up, door to door saleman get a no open door policy. After they leave, I will open the door and take off the flyer or card they left on the door.

I sold RexAir Rainbow Vacuum cleaners in High School in the mid 70’s. The last year I did it I made right at $22K. I trained several of my big tough friends and watched a couple of them cry because they couldn’t muster the nerve to do it. I made my best money cold knocking. I had a great teacher and treated it as a game. Times have surely changed, but I had a blast doing it.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Here it’s solar guys. Out of state companies look at satellite and pound homes with no solar.
    They hit ones up with solar too..... Did it to me once. The look and babbles when i pointed to the roof full of panels was priceless.

8. Expert at Retired Ranger Skipper's Avatar

9. Member
    CANE CORSO

10. Member
    4 - 100+ pound Boxers have stopped that for us. Nobody wants to knock on our door bad enough to give it a try.

11. Member
    No doesn’t mean no. It just means not right now. A good salesman will quickly distinguish the two. Those that can make hundreds of thousands of dollars. Remember absolutely no commerce happens until a sale is made. The number one reason most people say no is because the salesman never ask them for the sale.

12. DINK CATCHER
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    I sold RexAir Rainbow Vacuum cleaners in High School in the mid 70’s. The last year I did it I made right at $22K. I trained several of my big tough friends and watched a couple of them cry because they couldn’t muster the nerve to do it. I made my best money cold knocking. I had a great teacher and treated it as a game. Times have surely changed, but I had a blast doing it.
    Different brand but my nana bought a Kirby from a door to door salesman. When asked why she spent $1200 on a vacuum cleaner she said "I don't know". She was afraid of men and I think she thought she didn't have a choice. She was home alone that day and didn't have anyone there to play defense with the salesman. This particular Kirby was a POS too. Chewed through belts like crazy.

It also took A LOT of VERY stern talks with her to NOT give strangers over the phone personal info. She was one of those that had to answer the phone EVERY SINGLE TIME just to see who it was. Even had to get ugly with her to keep her from going through the process of cashing a bogus Publishers Clearing House check back when that scam was going on. Mom verified that it was a scam and nana was in such denial she refused to destroy it.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO that's optioned to fit my wants and pulled by a little Ram.

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

13. Member
    $22k in a year, in the mid 70’s, while in high school, selling vacuum cleaners door to door. That’s really, really good. I’d enjoy a breakdown of how you made that happen.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

I live on a quiet country road and have never had a salesman or religious person knock on my door.

15. Member
    Solar,seed sales,fertilizer,tools,fuel,painting,aerial photos, pressure washer cleaners,tires, and more

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTN View Post
    Solar,seed sales,fertilizer,tools,fuel,painting,aerial photos, pressure washer cleaners,tires, and more
    Get all of these plus the lawn care, awning, drive way sealer ect. The one that took the cake was the one that said I needed my roof replaced. I asked how he knew that. Claimed we had a hail storm hit here. I called BS cause I had been home the whole week and besides I had a standing seam metal roof installed 3 or 4 years ago. He kept on and on about I had damage and the roof was trashed. I lost my cool on that one.

17. Member
    Remember Ray Scott got his start selling insurance door to door.

18. Member
    Ring doorbells are made for this reason among others in my book.

19. Member
    I literally have a sign in my yard from the guys I have contracted to do my roof.....yet they still knock on my door to sell me a roof....smh!

20. Member
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast