Thread: Starting issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    ^^^^^^+1 39psi fuel pressure?????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

2. Member
    Lawwdddddd. This is the new checklist I was advised.

• Injectors (clean and calibrated)
    • Ignition system, be sure you have a strong spark on all 6 cylinders:
      • Stater
      • Trigger
      • Switch boxes
      • Coils

im determine to try to figure this out. It’s so hard to find a mechanic here.

3. Member
    its the brocato,ive got one that came factory set and a year later ive finally got the adjustments right.theres 5 dials on the backside, you should of recieved a paper that explains what each one controls.all my settings are now different that the way it came to me,i finally got it to idle right,holeshot and midrange right and top end 95% right

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstron11 View Post
    Lawwdddddd. This is the new checklist I was advised.

• Injectors (clean and calibrated)
    • Ignition system, be sure you have a strong spark on all 6 cylinders:
      • Stater
      • Trigger
      • Switch boxes
      • Coils

im determine to try to figure this out. It’s so hard to find a mechanic here.
    you mean a good one dont you ?????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Hahaha. Yea a good mechanic. lol. I’m as good as a “mechanic” around here. lol.

I’ll try some adjustments. Everything else has improved except the starting

6. Member
    Thanks Bob P!

I messed around with the dials this weekend and it seemed to help. I still have to adjust a little more to help mid range and the starting and engagement right after idle but I definitely made some improvements so that was a win for me.

7. Member
    how did this engine run before ECU failed and you installed new BRUCATO

8. Member
    It ran but it misfired and could not get could fuel flow. It would run at top end but mid range and coming out of hole it would bog down. I had changed high and low pressure fuel pumps, spark plugs, gas, taken it to 3 mechanics. It running better now than all the money and time spent with mechanics. Just a lot of troubleshooting.

it never didn’t run it. The ecu was going bad intermittently so that is why I went with the brocsto because the ecu is discontinued and it’s 1200 to rebuild so I went with the brocato so I could have some adjustments

I would send the OE ECU to Simonson for repairs, getting the adjustment right is no job for most DIYS, could Easly destroy the motor and you must know what each adjustment is for, DO NOT JUST START TURNING THEM AT RANDOM!
    Thank You Leon Pugh

10. Member
    Thank you!! I’m going to make some minor adjustments to fine tune. I promise I won’t turn them like a radio dial. But if I the motor does blow up I will let yall know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12