Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    after making a long idle and problem is occurring test for spark on all 6 Cly must isolate if its a fuel or spark issue
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

2. Member
    A long idle isn't good!

3. Member
    Sorry guys I forgot to update after I figured it out last week. It was the trigger. The wires going to the plug were awful. Insulation stripped, wires frayed and corroded. Knew it was the problemas soon as I went to unplug it. I threw a good bit of money at it while trying to run down the problem, but I learned a lot about my motor and most of the things I replaced had never been done in the 20 years I've owned the boat. The only truly frustrating thing is it wasnt noticed by the mechanic that replaced the stator.

4. Member
    not surprised no notice
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'll bet the protective sheath around the trigger wires was also deteriorating...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    ^^^^^ me too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12