Thread: Boatwrx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I had a Caymas, sold it for a basscat cougar FTD. That was a letdown after having the Caymas. Build quality and trailer was better in basscat, but the ride, hole shot, the space, the rear compartment layout, storage were all better in the Caymas. Recently sold the basscat and went back to a better riding wider boat because the Caymas spoiled me.
    Last edited by Bogeypro; 10-11-2023 at 09:16 AM.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

2. Member
    This thread started out about BoatWrx closing and now it has morphed into Caymas being sold. Good grief!!!!!
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS Lives

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqpitboss View Post
    This thread started out about BoatWrx closing and now it has morphed into Caymas being sold. Good grief!!!!!
    I think it's a legit concern in this economy. I think all of us have seen more new caymas boats sitting at dealers than the other brands. I hope not, they have a great looking boat and are on the short list of potential new boats for me when it's time to replace mine.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    every time I stopped to setup appointment for service . Id hear o we are like 6 to 8 weeks out. So I went elsewhere and they shop rate was high .
    [email]bblythe64gmail.com

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I think it's a legit concern in this economy. I think all of us have seen more new caymas boats sitting at dealers than the other brands. I hope not, they have a great looking boat and are on the short list of potential new boats for me when it's time to replace mine.
    The Saltwater side of Caymas is doing very well. Ranger is down to three day a week production and have a lot of boat sitting behind the shop, Triton has moved production from their facility so it’s not just limited to one brand. This boatwrx deal isn’t boat related, they over stocked, got big real quick and ownership squabble and a terrible economy produced by a few idiots that thankfully I didn’t vote for is the issue.

6. Member
    Don't worry, nobody is buying any boat companies anytime soon.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    The Saltwater side of Caymas is doing very well. Ranger is down to three day a week production and have a lot of boat sitting behind the shop, Triton has moved production from their facility so it’s not just limited to one brand. This boatwrx deal isn’t boat related, they over stocked, got big real quick and ownership squabble and a terrible economy produced by a few idiots that thankfully I didn’t vote for is the issue.
    I always wondered about Triton, after the JM purchase. Seems only time they go the way of Legend..

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    I always wondered about Triton, after the JM purchase. Seems only time they go the way of Legend..
    Triton is the best brand JM has. The new 20XP is a great boat

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    Triton is the best brand JM has. The new 20XP is a great boat
    Don't disagree with that at all, I thought Legend made a nice boat too..

10. Member
    Did Boatwrx file bankruptcy? Heard Caymas had to pick all the boats up?

They did
    If you think you have it bad...Look Around and BE THANKFUL because Someone Always Has it Worse!!

Mercury Pro Team
    2018 Bass Cat Eyra- 2021 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    2011- Cummins 1 Ton Tow Toy

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Javelin View Post
    They did
    That might be the quickest demise of a boat dealership I've seen.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Javelin View Post
    They did
    What will become of the boats they picked up?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrasport80 View Post
    What will become of the boats they picked up?
    They will resell them to dealers at a discount.

15. Member
    I bought my CX20 Pro from the Osage beach Boatwrx 2 years ago. I haven't had the best of luck ordering parts directly from Caymas, and Boatwrx was always pretty good in getting me what I needed. Damn, I liked those guys.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda CX20 View Post
    I bought my CX20 Pro from the Osage beach Boatwrx 2 years ago. I haven't had the best of luck ordering parts directly from Caymas, and Boatwrx was always pretty good in getting me what I needed. Damn, I liked those guys.
    Try calling the factory and ask for Rick Nelson. They were always pretty good on our end from a dealer standpoint.

Joe McBride

I have used the factory a couple of times and they have been awesome. Reminded me of Ranger back in the day.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

Quote Originally Posted by OsageJoe View Post
    Try calling the factory and ask for Rick Nelson. They were always pretty good on our end from a dealer standpoint.

Joe McBride

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Welaka View Post
    I have used the factory a couple of times and they have been awesome. Reminded me of Ranger back in the day.
    They definitely are. Very organized and understanding.

20. Member
    I appreciate the contact info for factory support.

I have an unfortunate feeling the high interest rates are going to be putting a few Boat, RV, and Car dealers out of business in the near future. I was shocked at the price of boats several years ago, now there is a ridiculous interest rate to go with it.

I tell the climate change people I have a Hybrid boat .... I fish for days with an electric motor ... and go fast as hell with a good old American V8!

Maybe if we told the banks are boats are hybrids they would lower the interest rates. (O.K. .... That is probably not going to happen)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast